Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjw21

Drinking on my 18th

It's my 18th on friday and, as most 18 year olds do, i want to drink A LOT. But i'm 8 weeks into tane and haven't really drunk much whilst on it, over the last two weeks iv drunk a bit. My question is will it be ok to drink excessively if my body is not used to it? The times I have drank I've been fine, no break outs or anything abnormal.

Its recommended that you do not drink while on accutane. But, I think if you pace yourself and don't get hammered, you should be ok.

you shouldnt be drinking at all while on accutane.

But i would personally recommend you keep it at a minimum. Once you feel youve had enough dont go overboard for any reason, just start drinking some water and say to yourself youve had enough

I don't think this is true.

But i would personally recommend you keep it at a minimum. Once you feel youve had enough dont go overboard for any reason, just start drinking some water and say to yourself youve had enough

This is good advice though.

What I would think of: liver damage in alcohol abuse is caused by fairly long term and fairly high abuse.

Moderate drinking is very unlikely to be a problem.

An occasional binge is also unlikely to be a problem.

Regular, long term binges is not a good idea.

Have fun on your 18th, just keep in mind you wnat to be safe and be a friend to your liver when you're on accutane.