Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meheremc

Narcotics & Accutane? HELP!

No matter what answers you get here, tell your derm if you havent already. That should be priority number one before you ever begin to take narcotics.

HAS ANYBODY EVER TAKEN NARC'S WILE ON ACCUTANE? please help! if you can

I don't know the answer.

But when you ask an expert be sure you and they know what you're talking about. In the "popular" parlence, the word narcotic often is used to refer to any illegal drug.

In reality "narcotic" is a specific family of drugs called opiates, natural pain killers derived from opium and synthetic similar drugs. Examples are morphine, heroin, demerol, codeine, methadone, and others.

Various downers, marijuana, cocaine, crack, LSD, PCP, ecstasy, meth, etc. etc. are not narcotics even though they are often called narcotics. If you ask a pharmacist about narcotics and accutane, they may assume you're talking about opiates.

That said, opiates are not listed in the list of drugs that should not be taken with Accutane. Since opiates have a legitimate medical use, I do believe if there was a contraindiction, opiates would be identified as such.

HAS ANYBODY EVER TAKEN NARC'S WILE ON ACCUTANE? please help! if you can

I don't know the answer.

But when you ask an expert be sure you and they know what you're talking about. In the "popular" parlence, the word narcotic often is used to refer to any illegal drug.

In reality "narcotic" is a specific family of drugs called opiates, natural pain killers derived from opium and synthetic similar drugs. Examples are morphine, heroin, demerol, codeine, methadone, and others.

Various downers, marijuana, cocaine, crack, LSD, PCP, ecstasy, meth, etc. etc. are not narcotics even though they are often called narcotics. If you ask a pharmacist about narcotics and accutane, they may assume you're talking about opiates.

That said, opiates are not listed in the list of drugs that should not be taken with Accutane. Since opiates have a legitimate medical use, I do believe if there was a contraindiction, opiates would be identified as such.

very informative but let me add to:

Stimulants (amphetmaine, cocaine, esctasy, crack, and some hallucenogens) cause dehydration which will furthur increase side effects of (you guessed it dehydration) and you wont eat (whats something the doctors ask you befor eyou get tane "do you suffer from anorexia?") and you will stay up for a long time ( might actually be helpful but the crash would be 10x's worse since accutane usually makes people mroe tired or 'fatigued'

hallugenogens: casue you to think your coffee table is a boat and you go jump on and break it (and ofcourse you wanted the glass coffee table) so now you have cuts all over your body and your on accutane great job, i hope you like scars

marijuana: seems to be the safes to use while on tane but it will increase the ammount of forgetfullness you have (if you have any)

i personally take low doses of dextro-amphetamine (Rx'd) and i can deffinetally tell i get much mor edehydrated and the comedown sucks as i am already tired and now im coming down from amphetamine so beware

I know of one person who took shrooms while on tane and he said he didnt notice any bad side effects days later... and his lab report was fine.