Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danny-E

What GOOD CHANGES has acne made

I know, there've probably been tons of topics just like this, but oh well. It's been a while since I've been on the ORG.

Acne f-in SUCKS, it's one of the worst things for confidence. I hated it. (Dan Kern's regimen finally set me free) I still hate it. If I had it my way, acne would never exist. It does much more bad than good, if you ask me.

BUT, I know that acne has done a lot to change me for the better. Instead of judging people the first time I see them based on appearance (which I still do, it's almost impossible not to, to an extent)

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I got nothing either.

I could start with the usual bullshit, that it made me less superficial and all that. But I would have figured that out with age anyway. Would

have been nice to not have the scars and redmarks I have now, oh so nice..

I don't think it's really changed anything. I got it so young, I've just grown up with it. You change as you get older, so that's the source of the change in my life, personality, etc.

ive learnt...

that acne SUCKS

but more importantly...

what products to use and not to use

i eat way more healthier than i ever used to and im gonna in the long run live a much better life

if it werent for acne i mightve become an alcoholic

ive become more humble and down to earth

Good changes?? Um well it was easier to save money when I had bad acne. Nobody wants to go out to the mall or to clubs when they have pimples all over their face. I guess thats a good thing depending on how u look at it

good.... as previously stated, empathy......... being more fit, i guess being nice and humble.

oh man.... fuck htough much more worse negative changes i could do without.

I know, there've probably been tons of topics just like this, but oh well. It's been a while since I've been on the ORG.

Acne f-in SUCKS, it's one of the worst things for confidence. I hated it. (Dan Kern's regimen finally set me free) I still hate it. If I had it my way, acne would never exist. It does much more bad than good, if you ask me.

BUT, I know that acne has done a lot to change me for the better. Instead of judging people the first time I see them based on appearance (which I still do, it's almost impossible not to, to an extent)

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

what it means to suffer from a genetic disease or any disabilty, i look at people in a whole new way.

I know what its like to be in pain and have no real solution to your pain for a really long time.

Ive also learned that some problems do not have any hard and fast solutions, and progress is made in very small increments and now i have the patience to deal with something like that.

what it means to suffer from a genetic disease or any disabilty, i look at people in a whole new way.

I know what its like to be in pain and have no real solution to your pain for a really long time.

Ive also learned that some problems do not have any hard and fast solutions, and progress is made in very small increments and now i have the patience to deal with something like that.

Acne has changed me quite a bit, I like to think that it has changed me for the better. I'm more humble than I used to be, I try to respect everybody now a days, and go out of my way to talk to the people who seem shy and closed off. I have sympathy for people with conditions that effect their body image (acne, weight, other skin disorders). I don't associate myself with people that disrespect others by making fun of them, making rude comments, being judgemental, etc... I don't just a person based on looks like I used to, I'm more interested in how they are as a person. I try to befriend all different types of people, not just good looking people, or popular people. I guess it's safe to say acne has made me a completely different person.

Guest Mankind

I guess the changes acne has made for the better is that I am not really superficial and I would rather see what is inside a person than what's on the outside. A side effect of this has been that I have become much more aware of the people I befriend, don't really want to be around the superficial, 'popular' types anymore unless they aren't as critical of other people, etc.

It has made me realise that there are a lot worse off people in this world than myself and I shouldn't take all that I have for granted.

It has also made me eat a lot healthier and treat my body with MUCH more respect - no more late night drinking for me and then playing football in the morning with like 4 hours sleep, lol.

You truly believe that it all comes from the inside, and looks don't matter so much. Pretty much as you stated in not judging people to an extent.