Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FDWK456

Can I take advil while on Accutane?

Is it safe to take Advil while on Accutane....i was due to start tomorrow, but I have a cold w/ a sore throat and headache today, and really need relief to get some work done....Would it be okay for me to take advil for possibly the next few days, and also any time I get an awful headache while taking accutane? Thanks!

yes, i am positive. my dermatologist even told me to take something like advil or motrin if i get joint pains or headaches. and i have.

Advil is safer (imo) than the alternative of Tylenol (acetaminophin). The dose of Tylenol which leads to liver damage is only slightly above the recommended daily dosage. With Advil, while it can also cause liver damage, you have to take a much higher dose than what's recommended before that becomes an issue.

Advil is safer (imo) than the alternative of Tylenol (acetaminophin). The dose of Tylenol which leads to liver damage is only slightly above the recommended daily dosage. With Advil, while it can also cause liver damage, you have to take a much higher dose than what's recommended before that becomes an issue.

Ditto what she said. Just stick to the recommended dosages (daily and maximum) printed on the advil bottle.

Tylenol is fairly hard on the liver. I always think of Tylenol when I hear hysterical fears about horrible accutane side effects. I'd bet money that there's far, far, far more damage done by Tylenol and people aren't even aware of it.