Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok :D

So I m on 40mg going up to 80mg per day next week Been on tane for 3 weeks today.

The main side effect that scares me and probably most of us is hair loss/thinning.

Now I haven’t been on it that long, so maybe I will start experiencing it but reading forums ect I have sort of guessed reasons why people loose there hair, it could be their fault.

Ok So accutane stops the oil being produced on our head. Oil usally helps to protect the hair and stop split ends.

Now the people that have problems are you:

1) Washing you hair everyday and stripping away and damaging the hair?

2) Not conditioning regularly/deep conditioning every few days to replace oil?

3) Not talking Biotin/b-complex/vit e/zinc to aid growth and strength hair. ( when I mean take I mean over the RDA by a long way as in Biotin 2-3 mg across the day ect)

4) using a blow dryer/straightening your hair too much

5) Putting stress on your hair i.e platting it ect

6) Prone to Hair loss, due to family genes ect

7) not sleeping enough

because if you are then you probably making things worse for yourself/causing it. I don’t believe that all the bad press is fair. These telogen and testosterone theories are unfounded and no Derm I have met says they are right.

I think people that blame tane might need to look at what they are doing and not make people doubt it. The only serious thing is probably the birth defects and that deserves bad press.

Ok ok, so I haven’t been on it a long, and yes it is toxic I understand, and maybe I will loose my hair and eat my words over this. But the 1000’s of people on the Internet make me angry as they are stopping others start something that could get them their life back.

Please come back at this and tell me I m right/wrong… I have no idea I m just making a guess/theory. Seeing as some docs and derms say hair loss isn’t a side affect they have ever seen…..

Cheers Will

:angel:

So what type of regimen should I follow for taking care of my hair? Washing your hair too frequently can aid in hair loss, too. The back and forth motion could rip of hairs prematurely. Yet I understand you have to keep your hair healthy.

So what do you suggest?

Biotin/b-complex/vit e/zinc?

I've been seeing this suggestion everywhere, but i have no idea of a means to getting it? Where do i get this? Is it prescribed?

Now the people that have problems are you:

1) Washing you hair everyday and stripping away and damaging the hair?

2) Not conditioning regularly/deep conditioning every few days to replace oil?

3) Not talking Biotin/b-complex/vit e/zinc to aid growth and strength hair. ( when I mean take I mean over the RDA by a long way as in Biotin 2-3 mg across the day ect)

4) using a blow dryer/straightening your hair too much

5) Putting stress on your hair i.e platting it ect

6) Prone to Hair loss, due to family genes ect

7) not sleeping enough

yes

I know that it is the tane,if there is no oil in your hair it will make it weaker, but will it actually cause hair to fall out? if you are really careful with your hair.

I take

Biotin 1mgx3 a day---Biotin is the main substance needed for hair growth/strength ( a lack can cause hair loss)

Vit E 1.2mg a day-- This is meant to help moisture in your eyes, and help keep hair healthy

a Very high strength B-Complex Vit tablet with vit c added- Slow release Vit B will provide engery for hair growth across the day and make the biotin work better.Also Vit c helps scalp circulation.

zinc at 60mg a day- Zinc helps promote healthy cells and helps skin health as well (dont take more than 100mg as it is a very strong aphrodisiac lol)

I got mine from Holland and Barrett health food shop(in England) and most the info on the substances came from the lady in the shop (she did a degree in it)

I don’t wash my hair with shampoo everyday, in fact once to twice a week tops.

But invest in a good conditioner that is so important. (everyday)

good luck all and come back and ask anything you like

I did Biology to a high level so I do have a vague understanding of the supplements. But I m really no expert.

Just care for your hair as it has no oil in it and is prone to breakage

Cheers

Where did you get these numbers for the vitamin dosage? I'm gonna have to do something. I have another month of accutane to go, and no lie i counted 37 hairs that fell out of my hair in the sink when i combed it this afternoon, this is common and it's only different today because i decided to count. My intention is not to scare away future accutane users, but we have to give them fair warning. Nobody told me that this side effect was this common. Every insert i read did not mention this, and my doctor told me it was EXTREMELY rare. Now that I informed him about it, he now says that he's had a lot of people complain about it, but it was probably family history, and that hair never grows back. He's had people say that their hair grew back, but i dunno what case I am in since i have uncles that have thinning hair after they were 60, but i dunno. All i know is that accutane is what caused all these hairs to fall out each day. And it's not cause of my diet, sleeping habits, or hair care.

Hair thinning on Accutane is NOT YOUR FAULT! It happens because Accutane stresses the body, and it is almost always temporary (outside of questionably trustworthy anti-Accutane litigation sites, i have never seen anyone claim permanent hair loss). Accutane can cause a condition called telogen effluvium - google it and you will feel better.