Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TOOKER

I didnt break out while on accutane...

Ok so im 5 days from finishing my 3rd month of accutane...my doctor says he wants to take me off now, because its seemed to clear up good and i only had mild acne in the first place.

if i didnt break out at all during my treatment of accutane does that mean theres a chance its permanently gone? or...

Well, in my opinion, this is a rare case in which a patient didn't break out. A typical course is 4-6 months (15-20 weeks), so your Dermatologist should keep you on it for another month to ensure that you won't have a relapse.

Well, in my opinion, this is a rare case in which a patient didn't break out. A typical course is 4-6 months (15-20 weeks), so your Dermatologist should keep you on it for another month to ensure that you won't have a relapse.

I dont think it's all that rare to not break out. I didn't, and I thinkI've read stats on here that the numbers are close to 50%.... somewhere around there I think.

I am just ending my third month as well, at a pretty high dosage for my weight. My appointment is tomorrow so I'm curious what my derm will tell me at my appointment tomorrow.

I dont think it's all that rare to not break out. I didn't, and I thinkI've read stats on here that the numbers are close to 50%.... somewhere around there I think.

I am just ending my third month as well, at a pretty high dosage for my weight. My appointment is tomorrow so I'm curious what my derm will tell me at my appointment tomorrow.

I was only at 3 pills per day

Theyre only 10mg lol

You're only on 30mg a day? Yea I definitely would fight to stay on longer... you're no where near the usual cumulative dose.

Theyre only 10mg lol

You're only on 30mg a day? Yea I definitely would fight to stay on longer... you're no where near the usual cumulative dose.

I'm on 40mg once a day and I havent had a breakout either. I am nearing the end on my 3rd month but my derm hasnt said anything about taking me off yet. I was clear halfway through my 2nd month.