Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been considering using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream at night and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15 in the morning. NHSAWC has retinol and I'm hoping, because it allegedly increases cell turn over, it will help get rid of blackheads and redmarks (which are now my main concern). But I would still continue to use BP twice a day. Will this work or just irriate my skin?

Hey, Kitty -- that Neutrogena product is lousy. It contains virtually no retinol, so little that I don't think retinol is even listed as an active ingredient.

You'd be better off using something like Green Cream, Diacneal, Jan Marini, or one of the Vivant products, possibly in tandem with BHAs to better exfoliate the pores and get rid of the blackheads.

However, since you want to keep using BP twice a day, it would be very tricky to fit in a retinol; BP neutralizes retinol.

I'd suggest trying the Paula's Choice 2% BHAs from www.cosmeticscop.com or www.getthatglow.com; this is a gentle enough SA formulation that you can use it with BP. I'd start once a day, at night. Cleanse; apply BHAs; wait 30 minutes; apply BP.

Let me know if you have questions. Oh, and I'm moving this over to the OTC medications forum.

Hey, Kitty -- that Neutrogena product is lousy. It contains virtually no retinol, so little that I don't think retinol is even listed as an active ingredient.

You'd be better off using something like Green Cream, Diacneal, Jan Marini, or one of the Vivant products, possibly in tandem with BHAs to better exfoliate the pores and get rid of the blackheads.

However, since you want to keep using BP twice a day, it would be very tricky to fit in a retinol; BP neutralizes retinol.

I'd suggest trying the Paula's Choice 2% BHAs from www.cosmeticscop.com or www.getthatglow.com; this is a gentle enough SA formulation that you can use it with BP. I'd start once a day, at night. Cleanse; apply BHAs; wait 30 minutes; apply BP.

Let me know if you have questions. Oh, and I'm moving this over to the OTC medications forum.

GAH! I wish someone had told me that before I actually bought it. Fine. It's going in the reject bin (and yes, I have an actual reject bin under my sink). Are there any drugstore (or department store) BHA products you think would be worth trying? I just hate ordering off the internet.

GAH! I wish someone had told me that before I actually bought it. Fine. It's going in the reject bin (and yes, I have an actual reject bin under my sink). Are there any drugstore (or department store) BHA products you think would be worth trying? I just hate ordering off the internet.

I think Philosophy makes a 2% BHA serum, but I'm not going to vouch for it. I've never tried it myself, don't know the pH, and have no idea how irritating it may be.

The Paula's Choice product is pretty much unbeatable, IMO. Check the website and see if they sell thru stores anywhere ... you live in LA, after all, you should be able to find just about anything. :D