Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yuzer

Help! I'm a guy who's using concealer

Hi everyone,

I'm a 20 year old guy who's been using concealer for the past few years. I have about 100 redmarks on my face and i use my concealer stick on EVERY SINGLE ONE and it takes forever (20-40 min?). It's hard enough not having anyone find out I'm using this stuff.

So can anyone recommend something that looks completely NATURAL that I can use on my face without spending so much time? I'm stressing natural here because if it doesn't look real everyone will notice and I won't feel like a man. If I could cut this makeup time down to like 10 minutes that would be much better!

Thanks everyone.

Mineral Makeup. Just apply to your entire face. Foundation/Concealer look around the threads for Mineral Makeup it's all natural looking and some companies have formulas that cover imperfections good!

Some places are:

Everyday Minerals

Aubrey Nicole Minerals

Signature

Joppa

Ocean Mist

Meow

"Mineral Makeup"

Foundation, brushes, concealers and finishing powder? :shifty: This all sounds very frightening. Is this going to look funny on guys with facial hair?

"Mineral Makeup"

Foundation, brushes, concealers and finishing powder? :shifty: This all sounds very frightening. Is this going to look funny on guys with facial hair?

Hehe - I know quite a few guys that wear make-up. Dont see why men cant try to make themselves look half decent!

Havent tried it myself tho, was a bit unsure of which one to use, they all look quite orange to me!

Lol nvm

Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation gives me great coverage so that I rarely use cover-up on red marks. It also lasts me all day! I'm not sure what it would do with facial hair, though.

Taking both facial hair and the requirement of absolutely natural looking end result, I would suggest mineral makeup. Just use a foundation powder, buff well (buff = use the kabuki/powder brush to blend in circles), and spritz your face lightly with water. Tap water in a cheap spray bottle is just fine. This will keep the makeup from looking powdery, and remove any build up on the facial hair. Good Luck!

Taking both facial hair and the requirement of absolutely natural looking end result, I would suggest mineral makeup. Just use a foundation powder, buff well (buff = use the kabuki/powder brush to blend in circles), and spritz your face lightly with water. Tap water in a cheap spray bottle is just fine. This will keep the makeup from looking powdery, and remove any build up on the facial hair. Good Luck!

I just use Foundaion only no concealer is needed since the foundation already covers!

So Mineral makeup foundation powder only. You can also use a Finishing Powder to set in the foundation and make it last longer. I just use Everyday Minerals foundation and buff in a bit of their Finishing Silk Dust to set the mineral make-up. All you need is 3 items no need for a collection or fussing around!

1.Foundation

2.Kabuki Brush ( fast and full coverage application

3.Finshing Dust (Optional)

"Mineral Makeup"

Lol , umm not so sure but use only concealer and foundation , no need for finshing powder unless you have oily skin or want some glow and soft focuse which i dont know if its something for guys lol :wacko: , but try.

I have alot of red marks and i use concealer and foundation from AubreyNicole , great product and it takes few mins to cover up , i just dip the brush in the mineral make up and swirl on my red marks , i apply 2-3 lays or even more as much as i want to cover my red marks , then i apply the concealer to cover whatever isnt covered.

I just use Foundaion only no concealer is needed since the foundation already covers!

So Mineral makeup foundation powder only. You can also use a Finishing Powder to set in the foundation and make it last longer. I just use Everyday Minerals foundation and buff in a bit of their Finishing Silk Dust to set the mineral make-up. All you need is 3 items no need for a collection or fussing around!

1.Foundation

2.Kabuki Brush ( fast and full coverage application

3.Finshing Dust (Optional)

Also, you mentioned you had to use concealer on every single spot - just try using a foundation first, as foundation is supposed to cover 75% of imperfections, then the 25% remaining (more noticable blemishes) can be treated with a concealer.

Good Luck on it!! If you decide you dont get a brush, I find that mixing some mineral makeup with your favourite Moisturizer gives a natural coverage as well also it's fast and easy !!