Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whatsup

When it comes to acne and diet ... Acid/Alkaline foods

When it comes to diet and acne it seems like a no brainer that eating way more alkaline food then acid foods will help your body which will in turn help your skin... I don't see how, if a person adopts a diet filled with different kinds of akaline foods could be struggling big with acne... Unless maybe you acne is being caused by another reason other then food... I think for the majority of us it is because of the foods we eat... Is it just me or isn't the simple answer to the acne/diet debate just telling a person to eat mostly alkaline food instead of confusing everyone with thousands of other possible solutions??

I think the whole alkaline diet is another one of those that's heavy on dogma, and not much on anything else. Certainly, you don't want to overdo acidc foods, but when you're told to avoid all acidic foods, you end up thinking certain foods (meat, eggs, dairy) are inherently bad because they're "acidic." It's simply not true. I have never read of anyone on this or any other board succesfully using this type of diet to clear acne.

There are multiple solutions to clearing acne, because there are multiple causes. It will never be simple.

I was on a 90% percent ALL alkaline raw food diet.. was still breaking out.. acne was reduced, but mainly due to avoiding sugar/insulin spikes.

This is not the answer.

I was on a 90% percent ALL alkaline raw food diet.. was still breaking out.. acne was reduced, but mainly due to avoiding sugar/insulin spikes.

This is not the answer.

how long were you on this diet?

You dont have to avoid all acidic foods... just eat mostly alkaline like 80%... and when it comes to eating the acidic stuff like eggs, meat, diary get the orangic stuff .... Eating this kind of diet will be really healthy so you will give your body the best chance to clear your skin... This only applies to your diet though... You could still be breaking out from stress or many other reasons. I believe clearing your skin is part of a lifestyle change not just diet.