Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I will KILL it!

Is it me or does sleeping affect red marks a huge lot?

Hi everyone, I don't know for you but everytime I go to bed late (and by late I mean after 12 am) when I wake up my red marks look worse, but when I go to bed early for like 2 or 3 days then they get better and better to the point that they aren't as nearly noticeable as they used to.

Also, I've noticed that when my skin receives something that somewhat "hurt" it, some of my redmarks come back from nowhere, like when I received a slap on my right cheek, the redmarks there were much worse and some came back. Or when the girl I like kissed me a lot there and even bite me on some places, they looked worse when I woke up after (I almost didn't sleep that day also).

So is it me or is that true?

If I havn't had a good nights sleep I look pale and my red marks stand out more because of that.

That bit in your sig about wrinkles and scars just appearing from nowhere with BP......

I'm experiencing that right now with insane amounts of redness too and I'm only 4 days in! did yours go away when you stopped using BP or are they still there?

Hi, I guess it's the same thing for me. About the wrinkles and scars, the wrinkles did disapear, but unfortunatly, the scars didn't... and those shits are red under a couple of different light. What's even worse is that accutane made some of them a bit bigger. Sorry, if I could use a time machine I would definitely stop that shit, at the begining it was awesome but then my skin began to look shittier and shittier and I got some scars, wrinkles and strange bumps next to my nose but I kept using it until I got sick of it and stopped.

But I won't tell you to do that, everyone's skin is different and it seemed to work on a lot of people, but not on me.

P.S.: I see that you're a fan of MMA hehe, my favourite fighter is Mirko Cro Cop, he's kinda my idol, I hope he's gonna kick that giant fat fuck called Tim Sylvia's ass as soon as possible :P.

Chuck Liddell...you post at Sherdog Oddball? Because the guy who drew that picture occasionally posts his drawings there.

I stopped posting there but its still a decent place to get information.

And yes, having a good 8-10 hours of sleep is healthy for the body.

Remember people...this is one of the basic things you need to do...SLEEP

And not just sleep at random times.

Try to get to sleep by 11 pm. 12 am by LATEST. If you are used to staying up till the wee hours of the morning, try not to get an afternoon nap, so that way you can get to sleep by 11 pm. It may take a while for your body to adjust, but do it!!

If you are someone that can get to sleep quickly and around the time you want. Then try to get a nap around 3 - 4 pm. I mean this is not always possible for some people, but the main thing is the night sleep. Around this time is when your body starts to do most of the healing, rebuilding of cells, tissues, in essence; most of your growth happens during night sleep.

Cheers

haha, I love MMA, infact I love all combat sports.

I'v just started learning BJJ about 5 weeks ago and I'm fortunate enough to have a teacher who was taught by Rorion Gracie.

My favourite fighters are Mike Bisping (winner of TUF 3) although he hasn't faught much since TUF because of issues with his visa I think he could be the one to take chuck's belt, I think Andrei Arlovski is awsome too, and I also rate also Ian Freeman because he's from my home town.

I think in the UK we'r lagging behind the USA in terms of how the sport is progressing it hasn't really hit the mainstream in the same way but I hope that will soon :)

Smokey- I think I got the drawing from mmauniverse, not sure though!

Its an awsome drawing though, I must say.

Shouldn't really be using it without the artists permission though.

I'm getting off this regimen, my face feels sore and I look like I'v been using drugs because my eyes are so red and puffy.

I'm glad the wrinkles do go away, my face has aged about 10 years in 4 days!!

Definitely. I rarely get a good nights rest, but when I do, and the times I sleep in, I wake up and I feel like my face is better, and it actually looks better.

Sleep has everything to do with acne imo.

I believe red marks have to do with blood circulation...... when you wake up your face has less blood on the skin's surface, as you move and go able work through the day your marks will look more red because of the improved blood flow.

Also when you sleep your body begins its healing process, so red lesions will heal properly vs not getting enough sleep.

yes sleep does help read marks, end of story. you repair when you sleep.

Chuck Liddell is over rated. My friend Moe, and Eli train with him time to time, he's a nice guy, real cocky tho. But the worst is Ortiz. Crocop is in UFC now, that's where all the marketing is headed. Crocop is going to rip Tim Sylvia a new one, and get that belt real soon. Fedor and Jeff Monson are going to have there fight sometime next month, in Russia.

Guest j3ff86

Totally. My whitehead marks used to heal within weeks/months, but the past 4 months I've been sleeping horribly due to an infected prostate (finally got it diagnosed), and none of my red marks have been healing since basically the summer.

Guest Mankind

My red marks are almost non-existent in the mornings when I wake up but after I have had my shower they just come back. The body does heal itself during the night and I have been going to bed before 10pm for the last week to see if it makes any difference what hours one actually sleeps as opposed to how long one sleeps to see if my marks will heal quicker as I for the past few years have gone to sleeo at around 2am each night due to uni and work and wonder if my body is healing slower than it used to because of this.

My red marks are almost non-existent in the mornings when I wake up but after I have had my shower they just come back. The body does heal itself during the night and I have been going to bed before 10pm for the last week to see if it makes any difference what hours one actually sleeps as opposed to how long one sleeps to see if my marks will heal quicker as I for the past few years have gone to sleeo at around 2am each night due to uni and work and wonder if my body is healing slower than it used to because of this.

Guest Mankind

Yea man it's not good, uni and work. Try arranging work for different times.

Took some time before disapearing though, like 1 month or something.

I'm more of a Pride fan than an UFC fan though, so I don't really know UFC fighters other than the famous one like Chuck, Sylvia, Arlovsky, Couture, Hugues, and so on...