Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Grow To Overthrow

Looking back at where i was at

Guest Grow To Overthrow

I just read some passages in a little book i made up for an ex-girlfriend and myself, so we could let each other know how we felt, and connect on a level that was removed from the verbal. I believe the written word is an amazing thing. Alot of it is from when i was quite deep in my depression, and very much battling acne. They're not literary masterpieces, but they're so simplistically powerful. I actually shed a tear whilst reading a few pages i'd written whilst in the recovery stage of a PDT + ALA treatment.

The thing is though, it makes me so proud. I've come so far, and i fought so bloody hard to get here. I'm actually crying as i write this because i know how much i wanted my life to end at that point, and how strong i had to be in order to choose the path that can often be harder, and is more commonly known as life.

So i guess there wasn't really any distinct intention at the start of this post, but i hope it's a little insight into me, and perhaps some hope that no matter how low you are at times, there really can be a way out.

Thank you for sharing your story, it is really good to hear more and more people on this site expressing hope and positivity. We can all learn a lot from finding our inner strength and pushing through hard times, which is obviously what you have done. I look back on how far I have come to. I used to be really depressed and angry all the time, and then one day I made a committment to myself to take control again and I have been so much happier ever since. I still have acne but I have grown so much as a person that it doesn't get me down anymore. Keep on your path ;)

it pays to watch myself fall and get up many times because it later on helped me realize and appreciate, just recently actually, my ability to recover emotionally/spiritually each time even though i am still struggling with many things. this makes me feel that in the end i will be okay, or at least "can be okay".

Guest Mankind

No matter how hard we fall we can always pick ourselves up and learn from our mistakes.

Fuck yes, man. Great to hear that you've chosen to push through all the bullshit that's been thrown in your way. :clap::clap::clap:

Like Zatoichi: "Darkness is my ally." :)

And you've used it to mold yourself better. There's no greater high than turning what hurts you into what helps you.