Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
markymark

red/blue light

I've read some articles that the red light helps heal the skin 200 times faster! Has anyone noticed that their skin has healed faster after using the red and blue lights? I just bought the beautyskin for 300 bucks and i've used it for a week so im not sure if it's working or not, but they say 200 times faster! that just seems impossible, if that were true, my skin would have healed in a week right?

Guest ~Wolfy~
I've read some articles that the red light helps heal the skin 200 times faster!

Um. No. What articles were these?

Red light helps heal the skin up, but 5-50% faster or something, not 20,000% faster.

I've read some articles that the red light helps heal the skin 200 times faster!

Um. No. What articles were these?

Red light helps heal the skin up, but 5-50% faster or something, not 20,000% faster.

July 2000

British Journal of Dermatology

Red Light Aids Healing

Research reported in the British Journal of Dermatology (July 2000) found that regular sessions under blue and red light has been shown to "radically" help clear acne in moderate and less severe cases.

"The consultant dermatologist Tony Chu sent 120 patients home with specially designed red and blue lamps to be used for 15 minutes each day. The results, published in the British Journal of Dermatology, show a 76% drop in visible spots over 12 weeks." Taken from a report by Simon Bowers.

The blue light, as described below, attacks the bacteria that causes the acne, and the red light has an anti-inflammatory and healing effect on the skin. In fact, research done by David Olszewski, co- author of the book "Light Years Ahead" has shown that skin heals almost 200% faster when exposed to red light.

The blue light, as described below, attacks the bacteria that causes the acne, and the red light has an anti-inflammatory and healing effect on the skin. In fact, research done by David Olszewski, co- author of the book "Light Years Ahead" has shown that skin heals almost 200% faster when exposed to red light.

That would be 2 times faster, not 200 times.