Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, for the past few nights I have been trying to find an angle that I can sleep without sleeping on the side of my face. I figured out part of the reason for my left side of my face getting better quicker than my right, is due to me sleeping on my right. Since I've stopped I can tell a difference. I managed to stop sleeping on my stomach a little over a year ago, and now I am trying to learn to sleep on my back, which is hard to get use to, but once I do I'll also get the full benefits of my temperpedic (SP) mattress. I've been trying (key word is trying) to change my pillow case at least every other night as well.

Guest fireda502

Yeah this is a hard one. Anytime I try to sleep on my back, I usually end up waking up on my side. And sometimes I cant get comfortable on my back. When that happens, and I cant get comfortable, I find that a certain... "activity", if you know what I mean, helps me relax and get tired enough afterwards to just fall asleep. I do it normally evernight anyway though... TMI I know lol.

I sleep on my side but my face doesn't touch the pillow. I slide down so that the top of my head is right at the bottom of the pillow, my shoulder is then resting on the bed and my face isn't actually touching anything.

/\Haha, I employ this same technique. I have been doing it for a while so now it is my preferred position to sleep in and it doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. The Problem is, I move around a lot in my sleep and like fireda502 said, I usually wake up on my face.

I am so paranoid about my face touching the pillow when i sleep. I generally sleep on my right side and my acne is a lot worse on that side so for me there is a definite connection.

But no matter how hard i try, i can never go to sleep on my back. I only last a few minutes and then i'm back on my side lol! If anyones got any tips for sleeping on your back that would be great.

Guest lawnboy

i sleep on my side. sleeping on my back is too damn uncomfortable, i've given up trying, i'll only wake up on my face anyway.

I sleep on my side every night, I just make sure to change my pillow case every night, I keep three clean ones handy and then wash them again. I also wash my pillow every week or so, and I dont notice a difference. I actually had more acne on the side I didn't sleep on than the side I did. Weird..but I always wake up with drool caked onto my face..ick.

i haven't slept on the left side of my face in months

yet the left side has had a break out over the past month while the right side is relatively clear

and my pillow cases are washed about once a month

so it isn't that simple

as for sleeping on your back it is just a matter of repetition, keep falling asleep on your back and eventually you will be able to keep it up all night

i haven't slept on the left side of my face in months

yet the left side has had a break out over the past month while the right side is relatively clear

and my pillow cases are washed about once a month

so it isn't that simple

as for sleeping on your back it is just a matter of repetition, keep falling asleep on your back and eventually you will be able to keep it up all night

i do get asleep oon my back but when i wake up i don't even know what my name is, therefore i don't know if i wake up on my back or on sides...

I am so paranoid about my face touching the pillow when i sleep. I generally sleep on my right side and my acne is a lot worse on that side so for me there is a definite connection.

But no matter how hard i try, i can never go to sleep on my back. I only last a few minutes and then i'm back on my side lol! If anyones got any tips for sleeping on your back that would be great.

I usually sleep on my back.The only times i dont are if my back is sore so i'll sleep on my side.It used to be impossible for me to sleep on my back but after training my body i got used to it and now i cant really imagine sleeping any other way :lol:

But i have gotten a comment from a friend that the way i sleep kinda freaks her out.Because i'll lay straight on my back and have my arms folded right on top of my chest - stiff as a board :shifty: