Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I will give you guys a summary of my life on proactiv and how I think it actually helped me.

If you look at me now, I'm more intelligent, more smarter, more mature, more alert, more confident, and definetely can take a lot more shite than before.

What do you mean?? Did proactiv make you have skin like jessia simpson?

HECK NO...

SO how did it help me?

PROACTIV did nothing to help me physically( HELL in broke me out 10x more than usual, I gave it 6 weeks , and it still broke me out, so I said f it.)

Now the story...

A few months ago my skin was pretty much flawless, I looked at myself and saw 1 active pimple. I said to myself wow I should really appreciate this moment, I don't know how I would act if I ever had more than 1 pimple ( I used to have like 5-10 active, but I cleared up from topics, and bp creams from derm). This was November, so on came december, and obviously because of cold + exam time, and extra stress I broke out a bit more. I was having maybe 5-10 active pimples, but I still lookd hot I found.

At this moment of life, my confidence was shot, my communication skills were shot, etc. etc..

Why? I'm not too sure, probably because I was a looser in grade 7-10 , and didnt do much, and got bullied a lot.

So here comes the holidays, and my mom is always watching shopping channel, and she sees the proactiv ad. I see it, and it looks REALLY HYPE, like I mean really nice, I see jesssia, and im like omygosh this must work. My sister is like common its true, my mom is like u got nothing to lose (except ... hahah read to find out.)

So I do a bit of research, and I find out that people say it makes them break out, i didnt beleive them, actually I didn't want to believe it, because I thought finnaly a product that would make me only have like 1-2 active pimples !!

At this time I have mild, not MILD-MODERATE, but MILD.

(right before using proactiv i broke out)

so i use proactiv for 2 weeks, and im not sure if its actually working or not.

1 month into the program, and im getting comments like what the fuck is wrong with your skin.

6 weeks into the program and i get comments like, wow ur only get worse or wow u need help, or hey whatdap red boie, or hey on my side i got my friends, you got you , (and they point to my pimple) and say why didnt u introduce us to ur new friend? (sad sniff)

so Im not going to give daily log reports, but a summary.

I re-call starting off 1 active pimle in october at my best.

Now it's feb 7th, and I have 20 + pimples, I dont' even want to count, i know i have more, i know i have mor.

MY PIMPLES ARE FUCKING HUGE compared to before, they are red, i got one thats shiny on my forehead, omygosh grrrrrr.

during this period of proactiv i did try gren tea, green smoothie, acv and dip (not sure if any worked).

Now there has to be a point to my story right??

I look at myself, and I say " wow im really beautiful person ", do you know why?

Do you know what I accomplished with such horrible acne?

94.25 overall.

talked to many new girls

gained huge confidence

met new people

love myself for who i am

respect people who act true to themslves.

respect people who respect others for trying.

love myself no matter what my face looks like.

my face hasn't looked so horrid in ages, yet I feel so much stronger.

I was REALLY weak back with only 1 pimple, I REMEMBER SAYING.

( I SWEAR I SAID THIS )

That if ever I broke out with many pimples, I have no clue how I would feel with myself.

THE thing is , IT'S IRONIC, because I did break out like mad, but the thing is , I FEEL GREAT, I FEEL STRONG, I LOOK AT MY FACE and say, WOW PEOPLE hve it so much worse than me, people can't even breathe, some people don't have food, some people are blind, some people have skin cancer, some people have STD'S, some people have huge teeth pains and cant get medication, etc...

I am shocked myself, I am so proud of myself, that I don't think I'm ugly with the skin I have, I am so strong, even with so many pimples, and I know how to deal with myself now.

I don't take anything people say seriously.

Life is TOO SHORT.

ENJOY YOURSELF.

I'm serious. You have acne, well it's a given.

Deal with it. life is too short to worry about acne, enjoy yourself.

How did I become so strong? Ahh. I was just so confident in everything I did, I made small goals that I should achieve, and I did them.

I received 0 compliments in the span of my proactiv , and maybe 35 negatives. I thought about suicide maybe 9 times, and thought about how bad of a position I am-in-now.

Now I'm sitting typign this up. I say wow, I have acne, and I'm a great person, if someone can't see that in me, than it's their stuck-up fault. I'm a great person, I'm loved, I'm confident, I don't ever think about suicide, my life is worth living, life is too short, and I enjoy myself.

BE STRONG.

Acne makes you strong, but I'm done with you acne, i've cried maybe everyday, but I am so storng now because of breakouts, and more breakouts, that having the amount of acne I have now (moderate, maybe severe?), i REALLy don't see it as something bad.

rant.. that's my story. I feel stronger than ever ( i know because this happened in such a short time, because proactiv really does kill u ). IF ever I get back to my pre-proactiv days, I'm going to be really strong from this whole experience and hopefully clearer skin, which will make me a machine !!

* I edited it to add some thigns ?* peace.

*edit* this is what i edited

((

Life is TOO SHORT.

ENJOY YOURSELF.

I'm serious. You have acne, well it's a given.

Deal with it. life is too short to worry about acne, enjoy yourself.

How did I become so strong? Ahh. I was just so confident in everything I did, I made small goals that I should achieve, and I did them.

I received 0 compliments in the span of my proactiv , and maybe 35 negatives. I thought about suicide maybe 9 times, and thought about how bad of a position I am-in-now.

Now I'm sitting typign this up. I say wow, I have acne, and I'm a great person, if someone can't see that in me, than it's their stuck-up fault. I'm a great person, I'm loved, I'm confident, I don't ever think about suicide, my life is worth living, life is too short, and I enjoy myself.

BE STRONG.

Acne makes you strong, but I'm done with you acne, i've cried maybe everyday, but I am so storng now because of breakouts, and more breakouts, that having the amount of acne I have now (moderate, maybe severe?), i REALLy don't see it as something bad.

Good for you!!!! Thats such a great attitude to have. I started a similar thread to this the other day to try and get everyone thinking positively and putting their acne issues into perspective. Its amazing how thinking differently can make such a difference to your life. I'm glad you have found your inner strength/maturity and I hope you continue on your path. Stay positive!

For sure, thanks for being supportive.

Once you understand Acne, you will laugh at it. LITRALLY.

I can't believe the stuff I used to do, but had I not done those things, I would of not been at the position I am today.

The main point is that when your 60 years old, and where acne has an ABSOLUTE NO VALUE TO YOU, you will ask yourself.

WHY DID I WASTE MY TEEN LIFE on worrying about ACNE.

Why didn't I just say, you know what FUCK IT, I'm a good person, (were all good people), why don't I just forget about it and just have some fun.

Study, get a job, do what you gotta do.

Don't let acne get to you, go out and have some fun.

None cares about your acne, as long as your confident, your fine.

The problem: We think everybody cares about our acne, but the truth is no one does, so stop worrying about it, and letting it eat up your life. Trust me, I've accomplished so many thigns (PUBLIC SPEEKING COMPETITION WINNER ), and girls really do flirt with me (WITH BAD SKIN).

Life is too short to worry about little things that really won't matter when your 60. Don't waste your life, because time really does fly by really fast, so either you can waste your life, or you can make the most out of it. Your the one who chooses.

Ah, finally, such a beautiful post. I was thinkin bout postin one of these....and yes I tried proactive and it didnt do shit. go figure