Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pretti_figgi

smoothbeam...could this be the best thing for scars

You might do a search on Smoothbeam...click on "My Assistant" on the top right corner and then click on search and enter Smoothbeam, you will find a lot of information and experiences about this laser, including my own.

This is far from the best thing for scars, if it is I havent seen it here and it damaged my skin and a few others so please becareful, you dont want to have regrets. Use the search feature and try to evaluate if its a procedure thats worth the risk reward factor. Heres a thread that was discussed not too long ago. good luck

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry1562607

This is far from the best thing for scars, if it is I havent seen it here and it damaged my skin and a few others so please becareful, you dont want to have regrets. Use the search feature and try to evaluate if its a procedure thats worth the risk reward factor. Heres a thread that was discussed not too long ago. good luck

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry1562607

[/quote

hey people,

yeah i already started smoothbeam after much research...im on my second one, but it has only been about 3 weeks since my first...im doing them 2 weeks apart at only 200 for smoothbeam full face. I already had one vbeam...which i only needed one for redness. I am hoping to do four only (sb) I have heard many negative things about it on here, but also some really good things too...plus research shows that its completely safe. If you guys would like to look at some people on here, that actually had great results you can search for a girl named Katie Elthke. She has before and after pics also. Plus, people that looked at her pics were inspired to try it for themselves, and have their own success stories as well.

I think for some it works, and for others it just is a failure and a waste. But, everyone has different skin and I think the new scars will go faster than older ones. Also as far as my results, i am seeing some filling, but mostly around the scars, and very gradually in them. I am hoping that someone else has some success stories about their smoothbeam experiences????

Please write!!

aLSO ,

remember the person doing the smoothbeam has a great play on how the results turn out. My operater does two passes on my face... I need to tell him to do more on the places i need and want to see more results. Plus i need to ask him what my settings are...because that plays a huge role too...

and i read what you sent me...i think that the burns are from v beam...smoothbeam does not leave burns...it does NOT use light. V beam is the laser with the extreme bright light , that literally burns your skin, and leaves swelling for a few days and bright red or purple marks, which fade. I think people are confusing the two since they are having them done together.

They are completely different. One is made for redness - and in fact does build collagen, but the other is specifically made for building collagen...

my big ? is

How can it build collagen for already damaged scar tissue? My skin where the marks are, are already damaged,and it seems like the collagen is filling in the surrounding skin...THAT IS NOT DAMAGED...i have a lot to talk about at my next appointment.

How can it build collagen for already damaged scar tissue? My skin where the marks are, are already damaged,and it seems like the collagen is filling in the surrounding skin...THAT IS NOT DAMAGED...i have a lot to talk about at my next appointment.

Marks? I hope you are not risking this for red marks! The misconception that these temporary pigmented marks are scarring is so pervasive.

This is why when people talk about some product or procedure erasing their acne scars, it is because they never had acne scars in the first place. The post-inflammation pigmentions are called psuedoscars - "Psuedo" meaning fake (ie, fake scars).

Marks? I hope you are not risking this for red marks! The misconception that these temporary pigmented marks are scarring is so pervasive.

This is why when people talk about some product or procedure erasing their acne scars, it is because they never had acne scars in the first place. The post-inflammation pigmentions are called psuedoscars - "Psuedo" meaning fake (ie, fake scars).

no, no, i def. do not hvae any perm. marks from this/ acually i am taring to c good results. i meant i had swelling from vbeam and some red marks, but they went away.