Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy-Roo

I'm new here.

Whats going on folks? I am new to this site. I am 30 years and I've have acne since I was a teenager. I have just recently began looking into getting treatment for my acne scars. I still have active acne. Take a look at my pictures and tell me what ya'll think. I am having a PDT treatment in 2 months. After that I am going after the scars.

post-54625-1171155617_thumb.jpg

post-54625-1171156719_thumb.jpg

post-54625-1171156731_thumb.jpg

post-54625-1171156814_thumb.jpg

post-54625-1171155617_thumb.jpg

post-54625-1171156719_thumb.jpg

post-54625-1171156731_thumb.jpg

post-54625-1171156814_thumb.jpg

Hello Rudy-Roo!

Welcome to the board! :)

As you stated in your post, it's great that you're going to treat your acne first. After that, I'd definitely go to a few Plastic Surgeons and see what they recommend for your acne scars. There's going to be various opinions (from the board) on what treatment you pursue on treating your scars, but IMO I think it's necessary to consult a Physician. Also, there are free consultations, so "shop" around.

I have personally done needling, TCA cross, glycolic peels, etc. and nothing has eradicated all of my scars, but I've had some improvement. As for your scars, I had a few similar ones that improved greatly from needling. Perhaps you might want to look into that.

I am wishing you the best of luck! - Miss-P

Hello Rudy-Roo!

Welcome to the board! :)

As you stated in your post, it's great that you're going to treat your acne first. After that, I'd definitely go to a few Plastic Surgeons and see what they recommend for your acne scars. There's going to be various opinions (from the board) on what treatment you pursue on treating your scars, but IMO I think it's necessary to consult a Physician. Also, there are free consultations, so "shop" around.

I have personally done needling, TCA cross, glycolic peels, etc. and nothing has eradicated all of my scars, but I've had some improvement. As for your scars, I had a few similar ones that improved greatly from needling. Perhaps you might want to look into that.

I am wishing you the best of luck! - Miss-P

Miss Prolixity did you have needling done by a professional? Did the scarring get worse right the after needling until it healed and the collagen filled in the areas? Thanks for your reply.

Hello Beckham!

I performed the needling myself. As far as the area getting worse after treatment, luckily no. Basically the area that was needled had a plumping effect - which made my skin look plump and level with the surrounding skin.

Thanks for the reply, hoe long did the redness last after you needled the area and how many times didi you needle each area? thanks

Welcome to our forum, Rudy! :D

It looks like you have mostly box scars and maybe a couple of rolling ones. You have the right idea by definitely getting the acne under control first. It is difficult to properly evaluate your scars now because you still have a lot of redness from acne because redness makes everything look five times worse.

You do have a good skin tone for dermabrasion, but please do a lot of research about it before you would ever consider it. Some have had amazing results, while others, mostly darker skinned individuals, have had hyper/hypopigmentation issues.