Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prsnst

Dryness

i started using BP over a week ago and my skin is getting very dry and tight even with moisturiser (horrible feeling) when i smile i have loads of wrinkles. But seeing as BP has such adrying affect then does it not encourage the skin to produce extra oil to compensate?

Tom

Hi Tom,

Did you start out with the full amount of BP? This may be why you are so dry. We usually recommend people start out using a fraction of the full amount, like 1/4 for the first week, then 1/2 for the second week, and so on....

For now, decrease the amount you are using, and be sure you have a good moisturizer. Which moisturizer are you using, btw?

also read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

Yeah, i think you started out with too much bp too soon. Like brandy said, try reducing the amount of bp your currently using and then ramp it up slowly.

Hi Tom,

Did you start out with the full amount of BP? This may be why you are so dry. We usually recommend people start out using a fraction of the full amount, like 1/4 for the first week, then 1/2 for the second week, and so on....

For now, decrease the amount you are using, and be sure you have a good moisturizer. Which moisturizer are you using, btw?

also read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

I have been using vitamin E moisturiser but this isnt good enough when using BP i have reduced the amount im using now and tried to keep it to the problem areas, so il see how it goes !

You may need to find a better moisturizer. Many of our UK members really like Eucerin Dry Skin Face Cream with 5% urea.

I just ordered some of that cream actually !

Thanks for the help

Tom