Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misterhealthman

Use Sugar To Exfoliate

I used to make a sugar/extra virgin olive oil scrub to exfoliate my face once or twice a week and I guess it worked ok , made my skin a little more soft, but afterwards I would always steam my face and apply a facial mask to make sure no excess oils would stay on my face and clog my pores. But if you have oily skin or moderate/severe acne I would not recommend you use it or you could try using jojoba oil instead of extra virgin olive oil

I used to make a sugar/extra virgin olive oil scrub to exfoliate my face once or twice a week and I guess it worked ok , made my skin a little more soft, but afterwards I would always steam my face and apply a facial mask to make sure no excess oils would stay on my face and clog my pores. But if you have oily skin or moderate/severe acne I would not recommend you use it or you could try using jojoba oil instead of extra virgin olive oil

Well what I do is I use a cleasing bar with herbal astringents that a friend gave me from Mexico at night to clean off my makeup and then in the morning I use St.Ives Apricot Scrub to exfoliate, since I tend to get pretty oily skin. But I would not recommand over exfoliating your face either because it can make your skin really dry and flakey.

Well what I do is I use a cleasing bar with herbal astringents that a friend gave me from Mexico at night to clean off my makeup and then in the morning I use St.Ives Apricot Scrub to exfoliate, since I tend to get pretty oily skin. But I would not recommand over exfoliating your face either because it can make your skin really dry and flakey.

Yeah, but I don't think that exfoliating once per day is 2 much.

Instead of using sugar I would suggest just a plain wash cloth. I've used tons of products for exfoliating and nothing as worked as good as a wash cloth. It's gentle and works really really well.