Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scarred Princess

Alma (Harmoney) Pixel - not Fraxel - Laser treatments

Hi there!

Has anyone tried Pixel laser, or is about to try it?

I would love to know your experience with it, the downtime, and if swelling and redness occur immediately.

I'm looking into getting Pixel treatment from Dr. Braun in Vancouver (Canada). Fraxel laser, which from what I've read is stronger, goes much deeper, and is more expensive (3 to 5 times). Also, Fraxel seems to sometimes cause long-term demarcation lines?

I'm ok with a weaker laser, if it's safer and doesn't scar me. My acne scars are not too severe; I can live with it, just that it would be so nice to have small pores and smooth skin again (I think last time I had good skin was in grade school.)

Dr. Braun doesn't do individual treatment, instead it's 5 for $1600. No refund if you give up after the first time. I went in for info, but didn't ask enough questions. I only had his assistants' words that it gives good results. No photos.

They tell me the pain and swelling will go away after 24 to 36 hours, and the redness will go away after about a week. Oh and there's peeling and crusting during that time too.