Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haylie

Your favorite Mineral Makeup

I'm looking for a makeup that doesn't make me look like my skin's flaking off (that's the problem I've had with powder's before, that's why I'm scared to do mineral makeups) and helps avoid oil. I'd definitely try mineral makeups because I know they're better for your skin. I know there are tons of mineral makeups out there, so I'd like to know what you guys think is the best, because I guess I'm just really inexperienced in it. Also, I'm going on Accutane soon, so anything that you suggest for when I use Accutane (makeup wise) or your suggestions for that.

Any help rather than "see the other threads here!" because I have and I guess there's so many choices I'm super confused :\

Thank you! You guys are awesome.

I'm looking for a makeup that doesn't make me look like my skin's flaking off (that's the problem I've had with powder's before, that's why I'm scared to do mineral makeups) and helps avoid oil. I'd definitely try mineral makeups because I know they're better for your skin. I know there are tons of mineral makeups out there, so I'd like to know what you guys think is the best, because I guess I'm just really inexperienced in it. Also, I'm going on Accutane soon, so anything that you suggest for when I use Accutane (makeup wise) or your suggestions for that.

Any help rather than "see the other threads here!" because I have and I guess there's so many choices I'm super confused :\

Thank you! You guys are awesome.

Ive only used Bare Essentials Mineral Make Up and I love it. I have combination skin and it doesnt make my face flakey. You might want to persue it

Yes-use lotion! I use Neutrogena Healthy Defense spf 30 underneath mu EM. Sometimes my chin gets REALLY peeli-y so i avoid that area with the minerals.

i use everyday minerals with cetaphil moisturising cream underneath. Works really well together, and the cetaphil helps the flakes alot!

I would DEFINITELY go with Bare Escentuals Mineral makeup line.

Look forward to spending roughly $60 for the starter kit, but it comes with EVERYTHING you need and it lasts you a long time, too. I bought mine back in November '06 at Sephora, and here I am 3 months later with plenty of mineral makeup left. You use SO much less makeup with this product but get TOTAL coverage. I haven't tried the other lines that are now offering mineral makeup (i.e. Almay, and other lines you can find at your local retail stores) so I don't know how they compare.

I just started Accutane yesterday and I have been using Aubrey Nicole MMU (which is really great... there is an Aubrey Nicole enthusiast on here somewhere that coerced me into ordering samples from Aubreynicole.com and I fell in love with the Makeup Too. So check that out.)

Since I just barely started accutane, I'm not seeing any side effects to tell you if this is a good MMU to use while on accutane or not. But Trust me I will surely let you know!

I don't think the makeup itself is what will make our faces flake off.. it's prob just the moisterizer we use underneath it. So far the best advice I've got was the use the Cetaphil CREAM.. not the lotion... because the cream helps with flakes? I guess I'll jsut have to see for myself :)

I just started Accutane yesterday and I have been using Aubrey Nicole MMU (which is really great... there is an Aubrey Nicole enthusiast on here somewhere that coerced me into ordering samples from Aubreynicole.com and I fell in love with the Makeup Too. So check that out.)

Since I just barely started accutane, I'm not seeing any side effects to tell you if this is a good MMU to use while on accutane or not. But Trust me I will surely let you know!

I don't think the makeup itself is what will make our faces flake off.. it's prob just the moisterizer we use underneath it. So far the best advice I've got was the use the Cetaphil CREAM.. not the lotion... because the cream helps with flakes? I guess I'll jsut have to see for myself :)

The other day my skin was very dry because of some peels i've been doing lol , my bad didnt use moisturizer , but that day i used Aubrey Nicole mineral make up and worked fine as when my skin is normal.., just use a moisturizer first...a good one ofcourse and apply your mineral make up =)

Aubrey Nicole is a great company and they are sooo helpful , they sent me lots of free samples, ask for what shades to try and order the foundation shade kit for 4 dollars or the sample kit with finishing powders and concealer and other stuff for 6 dollars.

The other day my skin was very dry because of some peels i've been doing lol , my bad didnt use moisturizer , but that day i used Aubrey Nicole mineral make up and worked fine as when my skin is normal.., just use a moisturizer first...a good one ofcourse and apply your mineral make up =)

Aubrey Nicole is a great company and they are sooo helpful , they sent me lots of free samples, ask for what shades to try and order the foundation shade kit for 4 dollars or the sample kit with finishing powders and concealer and other stuff for 6 dollars.

CherryBunny I believe you are my Aubrey Nicole enthusiast I was talking about. Seriously I read a couple of your posts and I was like Pshh I'm totally trying this stuff. I agree with you the customer service is amazing.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove
i use everyday minerals with cetaphil moisturising cream underneath. Works really well together, and the cetaphil helps the flakes alot!

Most mmu will come with a vitamin enhanced prep that doubles as a lotion. Sometimes, depending on the type of skin you have, the prep lotion isn't enough of a moisturizer to keep you going through the whole day. So, you might have to use an additional moisturizer as well when using mmu. For me, though, the vitamin enhancer prep lotion is enough to do the job.

CherryBunny I believe you are my Aubrey Nicole enthusiast I was talking about. Seriously I read a couple of your posts and I was like Pshh I'm totally trying this stuff. I agree with you the customer service is amazing.

Ive only used Bare Essentials Mineral Make Up and I love it. I have combination skin and it doesnt make my face flakey. You might want to persue it

Well, that's what I have now and it makes me look really dry (like too much of a matte finish or something). It doesn't really make my skin dry but it just makes it look like I'm peeling when I'm really not. Maybe I'm applying it wrong? Should you put lotion or anything under it and it helps make it look smoother?

Whoa xD , well..glad to help someone to find a great make up that works for them =) , have you ordered your first kit yet or still trying samples?

I would DEFINITELY go with Bare Escentuals Mineral makeup line.

Look forward to spending roughly $60 for the starter kit, but it comes with EVERYTHING you need and it lasts you a long time, too. I bought mine back in November '06 at Sephora, and here I am 3 months later with plenty of mineral makeup left. You use SO much less makeup with this product but get TOTAL coverage. I haven't tried the other lines that are now offering mineral makeup (i.e. Almay, and other lines you can find at your local retail stores) so I don't know how they compare.