Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Mankind

What do you do to take mind off skin or relax?

Guest Mankind

OMG, I have just realised I have been on this site more or less all day since 9/10am, like since I woke up and I've had probably the laziest day EVER. Apart from getting washed and having breakfast I have done NOTHING, lol.

I usually have a look and post now and again but I've been posting like crazy today and it feels strangely therapeutic to just speak my mind and let everything out.

Anyway, I was just wondering what people do to take their mind of acne for a few hours.

Drinking, computer games, internet, jogging, swimming?

Jogging alone really helps me, personally.

I totally forget about my skin, when I'm with my lovely horses.

Reading a good book also helps.

Enjoying myself seems to help me :)

Napping. On those rare days when I have nothing to do, no errands or bills to pay and no work, I'll haul all of my cats into bed with me, pull up the blankets, and nap the whole day away. Napping makes me feel so luxerious.

*sigh* I love days like that.

Napping. On those rare days when I have nothing to do, no errands or bills to pay and no work, I'll haul all of my cats into bed with me, pull up the blankets, and nap the whole day away. Napping makes me feel so luxerious.

To take my mind off acne or any other shit that life has thrown at me theres nothing like a good run across the mountains, I always feel "high" when I get back, like I could take on the world-I think it must be the endorphins.

Failing that I go and take my frustration out on the punch bag.

Today though, I'v been sitting around in my boxer shorts looking at old photo's and playing xbox 360.

I love having the house to myself.

listening to music (but that puts me in a good mood to fantasize :razz:)

reading, philosophizing and writing

watching videos i like at youtube

playing PC strategy games

eating

maybe its just me but classical music helps me A LOT. not sure what it is about, i usually listen to dave matthews and the like, but there is nothing like some bach or rachmaninov to take my mind off my face :)

Listening to heavy metal and riding my bike (the motor-powered kind.) Both at the same time is even better, though sometimes it's not wise to be listening to Painkiller while riding.

When I'm not busy being such a badass, reading and PC games are good too.

Read a book

Listen to my ipod

Go hang out with my friends

Play GTA San Andreas (stfu kthx...)

Cook something

Sleep

I could think of a buch more.

Well if I wanna take the day off and let my skin breath/relax from make-up I stay at home and read, cook, sleep or go online (like today lol) or even exercise. But if I wanna take my mind off my skin I go hang out with my friends or go shopping or see a movie.