Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Been on the regimen for about a month, i shaved everyday with a gillette sensor excel as recommended. But I find shaving with it far too irritating, I only ever get spots around where i shave no where else now. So can anyone recommend a type of shaver, electric, trimmer etc? Don't mind stubble being left.......just want less irritation, i tried using sudocrem after shaving but actually makes my spots worse.

So any recommendations?

Guest ilovepancakes

normally i just shave with the excel using basis soap as shaving cream and it works out fine. but if im really broke out and its irritating ill just stop shaving for a while

its just the blades going across my skin really makes pimples and stuff come up. Was wondering how close a shave i could get with a beard trimmer?

I just use gillette disposable razors and never get irritation. I've never tried a beard trimmer myself but quite a few people have been saying how good they are so maybe give the beard trimmer a go.

ive personally been a big fan of the gillete fusion. i thought it was bullshit at first because of those stupid commercials and how great they made it sound and stuff, but i get a free sample in the mail and ive used it ever since. it just gives me a really good shave.

I use a Panasonic wet/dry electric shaver in the shower at night, and just glide it across my skin. It leaves my face smooth that night, and there is only a slight stubble in the morning. I tried just using the side burn trimmer on my face, but that left too much stubble and it felt like it was pulling my skin when applying the BP. The electric shaver is quite gentle and I can even go lightly over active acne spots and not worry.

I too use an electric shaver, and have 0 irritation from it.. they are good cuss you can control what you are doing, and tthe fact your not using a sharp blade to scrape off the top layer of your skin >.>