Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest T-Virus

Oh My God

Guest T-Virus

My acne is worse than I thought. My red marks are horrible. Once again I was taking photos, and I wanted to see if the camera was going to be nice to me. With the flash on, it actually looked like I didn't have acne. But when I took a photo with it off, my whole face was consumed by pimples and red marks. There was barely a single patch of clear skin. And I don't have much active acne today. So my red marks must be REALLY, REALLY BAD.

Screw this. They're going to take YEARS to go away.

And those years will start when my acne goes away. Which should be in about 5 years. Then I'll be dealing with red marks for several more years after that. My youth has been stolen from me :( I'll be 20 something when this is all over.

I was just looking at some of the galleries in which people have pictures of their acne before accutane. Mine is worse than theirs. And they get accutane. I think I'll need it too :( But I don't want to take it. It will be too much for my stupid weak body to handle. I'll probably end up with some horrible side-effect of some sort.

Guest T-Virus
There are treatments to speed up the process.

Really?

I wasn't using anything because I thought it would go away on its own.

Guest Mankind

Yeah, there are loads of mild things you could do like apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, egg white masks to moderate things like AHA peels to things like laser and dermabrasion. Most red marks go within two years though if left alone, I think?

Hopefully some scientist will get off their lazy arses and find a 'cure' for red marks as powerful as accutane is for active acne.

Guest T-Virus
Yeah, there are loads of mild things you could do like apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, egg white masks to moderate things like AHA peels to things like laser and dermabrasion. Most red marks go within two years though if keft alone, I think?

I was being sarcastic :razz:

I've tried ACV, Aloe Vera and egg white masks. I guess I didn't try ACV for long enough, but it made my face really red. I sometimes substitue BP with aloe vera gel. I used it for quite a while but didn't notice that much of an improvement. I'm going to keep using egg white masks. And I might get back on ACV.

But in the long run these little routines take up so much time.

have you tried chemical peels, also, finacea is awsome for red marks. and if you need to take accutane, i say go for it.

my derm is goin to do a sanding method or somethin

dermabrasion or microdermabrasion?

my derm is goin to do a sanding method or somethin

dermabrasion or microdermabrasion?

I'm not sure. I didn't really pay attention to be honest :P

Guest Mankind
Yeah, there are loads of mild things you could do like apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, egg white masks to moderate things like AHA peels to things like laser and dermabrasion. Most red marks go within two years though if left alone, I think?

I was being sarcastic :razz:

I've tried ACV, Aloe Vera and egg white masks. I guess I didn't try ACV for long enough, but it made my face really red. I sometimes substitue BP with aloe vera gel. I used it for quite a while but didn't notice that much of an improvement. I'm going to keep using egg white masks. And I might get back on ACV.

But in the long run these little routines take up so much time.

Hah, that was naive thinking that an acne.org veteran like yourself would never have looked at the red marks section :doh:

Yeah, they are very time consuming and some are a bit messy. I tried ACV for like a month last year and it really improved skin tone and got rid of few red marks (fresh ones) but I never gave it enough time really to see all benefits. I am thinking of using aloe vera because these marks I've had for nearly a year are fading and maybe something gentle will be better than peel, etc.

I went on roaccutane last year and it really helped (my acne didn't cover whole face or anything but the 5 pimples I had on my face at one time were very inflamed and painful) and I only get like 3 teeny pimples a week that clear in few days and don't leave marks :dance:

By the way, your name makes me want to rake my Resi Evil games out the attic. Oh the joy I had kicking the tyrant's naked ass back in the day :D

Regarding the ACV, the 50/50 dilution that works for most ppl is WAY too strong for me, and I would just give up after a few days. Now I'm using a 33% (1/3 cup acv to 2/3 cup water) solution. It's been about 2 weeks, I have definitely seen a difference. Try a weaker solution.

Guest Mankind

Half and half was too strong for me also. Keep diluting till you don't get as much redness or that warm feeling on your face and work your way up.

Some people have tried drinking also which should yield some results.

I strongly agree with Jordan19, Finacea is superb in its ability to reduce redmarks, though the results do differ from everybody. Do some research on it and see if its for you. Goodluck and I hope your marks go away soon! :)

Uhh... Cameras suck.

I got so mad one time I smashed my dad's kamera into the wall....

He wasn't that happy... lol >.>

I'm sorry you are such a wussy.... Accutane isn't a cure anyways, it only helps, it won’t make your acne disappear forever...

u__u

Guest T-Virus
I'm sorry you are such a wussy

It's not my fault my body is fucked up :rolleyes:

Accutane isn't a cure anyways, it only helps, it won’t make your acne disappear forever
Alot of cases it does. Do research pal.

It's not my fault my body is fucked up

No its not BUT, like I said, saying how bad you look is only going to make matters worse for you.

Accutane isn't a cure anyways, it only helps, it won’t make your acne disappear forever

Well you need to do research too Snake. For alot of people it doesn't work in the LONG term. Bad side effects and the acne comes back.

Well you need to do research too Snake. For alot of people it doesn't work in the LONG term. Bad side effects and the acne comes back.

"a lot" of people?

no, i'd say those people would fall under the minority.

can you guys learn to quote other people and not put what you say in the quote box.

it sorta dumbs down your post.

well, if you're going to be an asshole about it...

Guest Mankind
can you guys learn to quote other people and not put what you say in the quote box.

it sorta dumbs down your post.

:lol:

Guest T-Virus
It's not my fault my body is fucked up

No its not BUT, like I said, saying how bad you look is only going to make matters worse for you.

I wasn't talking about my acne. I was talking about my body being too weak to handle accutane.