Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi :rolleyes:

I have had acne since about 12 and I am 18 now, used to be pretty mild, then last Sept in really took over, no dips of clear skin i was used to just pure redness. Argh I hated it , the moments of clearness probably were due to oral/topical antibiotics, and various other forms of medicine I have tried over the years. But the doc said that i really should come off the anti-biotics because I had been on topical for 3 ish years and oral year and a bit. So I think that didn’t help.

Anyway i m on roaccutane as it is called over in sunny England and it has been 20 days so far, 40mg in the morning straight off

anyway I just wanted to know if people can help me out here

I m talking Zinc, vit c, all b vits, biotin, and vit e, to stop hair loss/help contact lens situation

firstly does any of this stuff work???, I m taking it at high percentages, like zing-100mg biotin 2 mg, ect, well above the RDA

from using the guidelines of acne websites for the amounts.

and also , so far no real breakout, just getting better spots come and go fast nothing bad, dry lips thats it.

Next month my derm is jumping me to 80mg as I am 160 pounds. And I am really worried I am going to turn bright red. A college friend has turned red and he is on 80mg too. I really would rather acne than looking red does it always happen?

i know my friend drinks twice a week and probably isn the type to invest in supplements, will my lack of drink/ vit e, help prevent that

and lastly, does upping the dosage cause a mass outbreak? :boohoo:

cheers

Will :dance:

Ooooh... Questions...

Zinc: Yes it has helped me! ^.^

Wow... Your acne must be really bad to go that high. .__.

Don't turn into a tomato! haha

Good luck... I'm sorry I'm a complete idiot and I couldn't really help you...

X__X [Mr.E]

Thats what worrys me, my acne really isnt that bad.... should I be on 80mg my Derm seems slightly crazy and knows nothing about side effects.

any more stuff about Supplements ?

cheers

Thats what worrys me, my acne really isnt that bad.... should I be on 80mg my Derm seems slightly crazy and knows nothing about side effects.

cheers

cheers

That's not too high... I weigh less than you do and have been on 80mg for my whole course. Don't worry about that :-p

you should keep taking supplements i think. my derm told me to take a multi vitamin at least.

as for redness, i dont think everyone gets redness, but honestly, id rather be a bit red than have acne.

Hi :rolleyes:

I have had acne since about 12 and I am 18 now, used to be pretty mild, then last Sept in really took over, no dips of clear skin i was used to just pure redness. Argh I hated it , the moments of clearness probably were due to oral/topical antibiotics, and various other forms of medicine I have tried over the years. But the doc said that i really should come off the anti-biotics because I had been on topical for 3 ish years and oral year and a bit. So I think that didn’t help.

Anyway i m on roaccutane as it is called over in sunny England and it has been 20 days so far, 40mg in the morning straight off

anyway I just wanted to know if people can help me out here

I m talking Zinc, vit c, all b vits, biotin, and vit e, to stop hair loss/help contact lens situation

firstly does any of this stuff work???, I m taking it at high percentages, like zing-100mg biotin 2 mg, ect, well above the RDA

from using the guidelines of acne websites for the amounts.

and also , so far no real breakout, just getting better spots come and go fast nothing bad, dry lips thats it.

Next month my derm is jumping me to 80mg as I am 160 pounds. And I am really worried I am going to turn bright red. A college friend has turned red and he is on 80mg too. I really would rather acne than looking red does it always happen?

i know my friend drinks twice a week and probably isn the type to invest in supplements, will my lack of drink/ vit e, help prevent that

and lastly, does upping the dosage cause a mass outbreak? :boohoo:

cheers

Will :dance: