Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seabs135

So what exactly does this fraxel do?

yeah its actually kind of complicated u need pictures the first time showing how it has microscopic beams that treat 20 percent of skin surface at once. www.reliant-tech.com click on laser science

well, if all these lasers did what they say they supposedly do on the companies websites, i dont think there would be anyone left on these boards.

if you're familiar with the dermaroller, this is basically the same principle behind fraxel. in this case though, instead of needles puncturing the skin and creating damage response, the fraxel laser uses heat. because the fraxel laser only affects portions of the skin with its microscopic thermal zones, healing is accelerated due to adjacent healthy skin cells. what basically happens is that your body is programmed to deposit more collagen into the affected skin, gradually producing an overall smoothing effect in texture and correcting pigmentation problems. ideal for minor SUPERFICIAL scars, but if you suffer from mild to moderate scars, u will need to look into a multi-approach modality(subcision, tca, etc.), as the probability is high that you will not be satisfied with the results in that case (considering the costs vs. benefits). the avg. % of improvement reported would be estimated somewhere around 10 - 25% with 4 treatments. that's approx. 3-4 grand depending on where u live.

if you're familiar with the dermaroller, this is basically the same principle behind fraxel. in this case though, instead of needles puncturing the skin and creating damage response, the fraxel laser uses heat. because the fraxel laser only affects portions of the skin with its microscopic thermal zones, healing is accelerated due to adjacent healthy skin cells. what basically happens is that your body is programmed to deposit more collagen into the affected skin, gradually producing an overall smoothing effect in texture and correcting pigmentation problems. ideal for minor SUPERFICIAL scars, but if you suffer from mild to moderate scars, u will need to look into a multi-approach modality(subcision, tca, etc.), as the probability is high that you will not be satisfied with the results in that case (considering the costs vs. benefits). the avg. % of improvement reported would be estimated somewhere around 10 - 25% with 4 treatments. that's approx. 3-4 grand depending on where u live.

doggydogg, trident and I think TheyCanBeCured (TheyCanBeCured, wasn't so sure if or not you were being sarcastic... if you weren't then thanks to you too) cheers for going out of your way to help lads/lasses.

max kim, I was looking for a brief summary saying as that thread has roughly about 175pages and I don't have the time to read it. I've have also searched Google, but I wanted to know the summarised experiences and their understanding of the fraxel process of those that have used fraxel or know someone who has used fraxel. There is a difference in the quality and honesty of information from the propaganda of firms selling something to any in the know unbiased unattached reported brief summaries/brief testimonials.

All the best,

Kirk.

Fraxel is a non-invasive laser. I have heard that results could be great depending on the scars. But the side effects are more than some lasers, plus it is about 500 for one laser treatment. Fraxel websites are all over the internet...just start investigating. Good Luck!!!