Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
javi

2 questions

whats the difference between a cyst and a nodule?

and

is their any way to stop the growth of a cyst/nodule after you first recognize it?

and

is their any way to stop the growth of a cyst/nodule after you first recognize it?

1. the answer in both words and photos are here http://acne.org/whatisacne.html

2. i use hot cold compress to slow it down. sometimes it goes away entirely. try this: soak your face in very warm water for a minute or so take your face out and pat it dry. then apply ice directly to the pimple and let that sit for 2 or 3 minutes... or how ever long you can take the cold. then put your face back in the very warm water for a few more minutes. do that for about 10 minutes. then pat dry and if you feel like, use salicylic acid or bp or acv or something medicated to apply directly to it. this helps me.

also consider your diet. end your relationship with sugar if at all possible.

and

I don't think it really matters how you classify. And, this is a continuum, not cut and dried.

As for getting rid of thsm, I tried literally everything over the years, and just decided that cortisone injection was the only effective treatment - and it is almost always totally effective. If you haven't had one, try it. I'm very much in favor of them.