Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~jess~

The big scheme of things

I think everyone here knows how depressing acne is, how much it can contol your life, and destroy your self esteem. We have all had days when the ONLY thing we can think about all day is how shit our skin looks, and how much we envy everyone with clear skin.

Yes acne majorly sucks, I can't stress that enough, but we need to put things in perspective or we will all go insaine. Six months ago, I started taking an hour or so each day to forget about acne and I feel so much happier and healthier for it. I am convinced it has reduced my stress levels and really improved my acne to. I do things like meditate, bird watching, observe nature, walking, star gazing etc. Taking in the big wide world makes me forget about my acne, but also makes me realise how much there is to be greatful for. How do guys maintain your sanity? What are you greatful for?

I think positively. My face is acne-free, but I still have deep-rooted anxiety because of acne. Each day is another chance for me to improve upon the day before.

yea you do need to get it of your mind, it isnt healthy to always be thing about what stresses you out.

what a great post.

another approach would not to be thinking about how badly it affected your life, who cares? all you care about is how you can make it disappear

stop feeling sorry forself and get off your ass and make some real progress towards a solution. Focus on the solution and what its gonna take to find solutions,dont just think about the problem and how shitty its like to have acne. thats a waste of your precious time.

i started getting back into music again, ive been jamming with my buddy its been a blast!!!

even though i got some crappy stuff going on in my life doesnt mean its got to all be crap, i gotta keep doing what i love to do no matter what.in fact creating music is the only thing enthralling enough to get my mind off of my stresses, its therapeutic.

do exactly what you wanna do and what makes you genuinly happy regardless of what that might mean, unless hurting people makes you happy then you'd better think that one over, HAHA!!

Guest Mankind

Thinking positively helps a great deal. Too much stress definitely is not good for anyone. Not just for one's skin but also their well-being.

Also, trying to blank acne out of your thoughts can help soooo much. I went like three days without looking in the mirror the other day didn't really think about anything to do with my skin and it was the best I had felt in a long time.

Listen2cky, I like the idea of putting my life into perspective and realising how greatful I am for certain things and certain people. I am greatful for my loving family, my parents and my siblings. Yeah, we argue every now and again or have rows but without them I would be nowhere, I would be nothing, literally.

I am sure that most people on here would be grateful they were born into countries that haven't had to endure strarvation, civil war, violence and outbreaks of deadly viruses. If one takes all that into perspective then they would see that their life isn't all that bad really. Yeah, we all may have a few blemishes here and there but at least we can feel relatively safe walking through town or know that there is always going to be food at the supermarket down the road.

I do truly believe that acne could make someone insane if they did not have a strong enough will to get through it. That's why everyone should realise there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Sure, some people may never achieve perfect skin but as long as people can eventually reach their idea of their perfect skin, that is all that should matter.

Who knows, the cure for acne, rosecea, scarring, hyperpigmentation and everthing else people on here have may be just around the corner.

Just look forward to the day you look in the mirror and go WOOHOO :dance:

When I feel like I am going to snap....

I go for a walk, and try to get away from everyone...

It's nice to be alone out in the cold. You worry less about being ugly when your ass is freezing...

^__^

Thinking positively helps a great deal. Too much stress definitely is not good for anyone. Not just for one's skin but also their well-being.

Also, trying to blank acne out of your thoughts can help soooo much. I went like three days without looking in the mirror the other day didn't really think about anything to do with my skin and it was the best I had felt in a long time.

Listen2cky, I like the idea of putting my life into perspective and realising how greatful I am for certain things and certain people. I am greatful for my loving family, my parents and my siblings. Yeah, we argue every now and again or have rows but without them I would be nowhere, I would be nothing, literally.

I am sure that most people on here would be grateful they were born into countries that haven't had to endure strarvation, civil war, violence and outbreaks of deadly viruses. If one takes all that into perspective then they would see that their life isn't all that bad really. Yeah, we all may have a few blemishes here and there but at least we can feel relatively safe walking through town or know that there is always going to be food at the supermarket down the road.

I do truly believe that acne could make someone insane if they did not have a strong enough will to get through it. That's why everyone should realise there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Sure, some people may never achieve perfect skin but as long as people can eventually reach their idea of their perfect skin, that is all that should matter.

Who knows, the cure for acne, rosecea, scarring, hyperpigmentation and everthing else people on here have may be just around the corner.

Just look forward to the day you look in the mirror and go WOOHOO :dance:

Guest Mankind
EXACTLY! I agree with u 100%. Your awesome, thats the type of attitude we should be encourging on this site.

Doesn't anyone feel like thinking positively today?

I feel extremely positive today. I feel a whole lot better! :dance:

And btw...im definately gonna try the whole taking an hour a day to forget about acne.

EXACTLY! I agree with u 100%. Your awesome, thats the type of attitude we should be encourging on this site.

Thanks. That has really made my day, lol. Can't remember last time, if any, someone has said I'm awesome. It's just the way I think everyone has to feel on this site. Acne robbed me of almost a year of my life in terms of not enjoying myself and I simply couldn't allow that to continue.

I really do think that the more stressed about your acne the worse it can become and trying to forget about it or at least take your mind of things can help loads.

Everyone will feel alot healthier if their thoughts don't revolve around their skin all day. Hopefully more people will see this topic you put up and not feel so down all the time.

This is a very positive thread compared to alot in this 'emo' section (although everyone should be allowed to share their feelings, no matter what, which is why this section is here) and I really think people should follow your advice and just take an hour off from acne.

Cheers, cky, stay positive, lol.

Cheers for this thread! Great thread!

Today should be pretty good.......it's been such a horrible, horrible month that the last two days (where good things have finally been happening) that it feels like I'm seeing the sunshine for the first time in forever. It amazes me how much sweeter the good things in life are when you're just coming off a bad streak.....

Life is good.

lol - I do know how that feels. Last month was the first time in ten or more years that I had a bunch of things go wrong at the same time. My history is quite sordid, but time had evened it out so that way when something really crappy happened, it was just one thing at a time. But last month, EVERYTHING just went wrong at once.

It'd been so long since that had happened, I had a really difficult time dealing. But on the other side of it, here, today, it made me remember how grateful I was that everything had gone wrong altogether ONLY once in the last ten years or so.

It also reminded me that no matter how much work I do in life, Life still happens and sometimes, Life just picks your number and decides to knock your ass to the floor. It's hard to not take it personally, but going through this again helps me to not take it personally, to understand that sometimes Life just gets in the way and that there isn't anything to do but continue Living.

So maybe, Ohno, this is just your bad streak right now, and good things are just a few bends around the corner!

Thats one way to look at it Elsewhere. I guess it just depends on your perspective. I dont experience life as good, rarely ever :boohoo:

I think everyone here knows how depressing acne is, how much it can contol your life, and destroy your self esteem. We have all had days when the ONLY thing we can think about all day is how shit our skin looks, and how much we envy everyone with clear skin.

Yes acne majorly sucks, I can't stress that enough, but we need to put things in perspective or we will all go insaine. Six months ago, I started taking an hour or so each day to forget about acne and I feel so much happier and healthier for it. I am convinced it has reduced my stress levels and really improved my acne to. I do things like meditate, bird watching, observe nature, walking, star gazing etc. Taking in the big wide world makes me forget about my acne, but also makes me realise how much there is to be greatful for. How do guys maintain your sanity? What are you greatful for?