Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abetterme

What would you classify my acne as?

Hi ya'll,

I was just wondering what my acne is considered. My Dr didn't really say, just stated it was getting worse and finally agreed with me it was time to Accutane. Thanks for looking!

post-54564-1171062859_thumb.jpg

post-54564-1171062874_thumb.jpg

post-54564-1171062882_thumb.jpg

post-54564-1171062859_thumb.jpg

post-54564-1171062874_thumb.jpg

post-54564-1171062882_thumb.jpg

I would say moderate. To me it doesn't look severe because you don't have any cysts and it is not really red and inflammed. I'm sure accutane will clear you pretty well. Good luck!

id say 7/10.. u have moderate scarring though.. accutane then a good redmark regimine would be my suggestion..

GL!

It looks worse than it actually is I think; there is a fair bit of congestion, but as said before you don't appear to have any cysts, which is good!

Thanks everyone!

Komebackid510- Yes my skin scars really easily, it sucks! Not just on my face either, everywhere. I also bruise super easily.

4th World- I actually don't have any acne at all near my nose, which pic are you referring to? My acne is concentrated pretty much all on my outer cheeks, and sides of my chin. My nose, all around my nose, and forehead are all pretty clear. (so much for small miracles right? lol) I looked and think I see what you're talking about..the second pic right? That's the bottom of my nostril, hehe

Jawny- Thank you for the tip!

Danno- I agree. It's much redder in the pics than usual as I had just gotten out of a hot shower.

Moderate-Severe. The good news is you have no cysts or noudles, which are permenet. You have a lot of remarks and closed comedoes. They will go away eventually. Buy a topical antibiotic, they really redice the acne size.

I think your right side is moderate but your left side is severe. You need to see a dermatologist asap and hopefully they will give you accutane. It will clear you up and this will be just a part of your past.

I had a neighbor whose skin went through a phase and looked nearly identical. It seems the doc's diagnosed it as some type of rosecea/ acne, since some of the lesions were not actually acne lesions, but some were. She did have to take accutane for a while and it cleared up pretty well without any scars. She does however go to the tanning salons on occasion now and says that helps. I am not one to condone tanning since I am against too much sunning for sure, but it it helps her skin stay clear.... But accutane as the first step is what she did.

Hi ya'll,

I was just wondering what my acne is considered. My Dr didn't really say, just stated it was getting worse and finally agreed with me it was time to Accutane. Thanks for looking!

Mine was worse than yours and classified by a derm as moderate-severe. I think acne only becomes severe with cysts and I don't see any cysts. Therefore I would say your acne is moderate. Could luck with your Accutane treatment. I had a great experience with it and wish the same for you!

I don't mean to diverge from the original topic, but I think I have cystic/nodular acne on my nose. It seems to only occur on my nose, and I really don't have much acne anywhere else, besides razor bumps (26 yr old black male). My nose is also significantly scarred and it seems as if the scarring is getting worse with time.

Basically, I can look normal one day, then have a huge cyst on my nose for the next 4-5 days. My nose looks weird because of the scarring even with no active nodules/cysts present.

I have tried every topical; over the counter as well as prescription. I am now thinking about getting something like Smooth Beam laser treatment or photodynamic therapy done. What do you guys advise? I doubt if Accutane is an option for me.

Also, does anyone know how much these laser procedures run you on average?