Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan Valmont

how much Zinc for Acne?

BUT is it even worth it if you take less than 50mg? I'm at 45 (which i think i already stated). Even with other people saying things to me about my skin, I still have to wonder if it's really making a difference.

Ok i've searched these forums and can't seem to find a straight awnser to my question.

How much Zinc do i have to take daily for it to help with my acne?, as in what level of zinc in mg is the most successful with treating acne?.

I've heard diffrent people say 25mg,50mg...i've even heard 100mg.

It's just i think this could help, but i've heard too much zinc can have after effects, so here i am to find out the best way about taking zinc daily for my acne.

Thankyou

OptiZinc is probably the most bioavalible form of zinc there is, so it will better absorbed and better used. 60mg should be plenty. Also OptiZinc comes with a lil copper, copper and zinc compete for absorption so you will get the most use out of it.

I've been taking zinc citrate spread out over the day (30mg at breakfast and 30 mg at dinner). Does anyone have an opinion or statistics that would make me more wise to take the doses together or separate?

Taking zinc the way I stated above has been very effective but if I can clear the rest of my red marks even faster then I might try changing my dosage. Good luck to everyone.

Ok i'm still very much in a clear state, i did break-out abit...but that was due to a weekend of heavy drinking.Now on thursday i'm clear again ;)

Only thing that seems to break me out is alcohol atm.

I'm still taking

20mg - morning

20mg - meal

20mg - before sleep

Ok i'm still very much in a clear state, i did break-out abit...but that was due to a weekend of heavy drinking.Now on thursday i'm clear again ;)

Only thing that seems to break me out is alcohol atm.

I'm still taking

20mg - morning

20mg - meal

20mg - before sleep