Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luna Grey

Do I need Accutane? Advice?

Hey Guys,

I've had acne for a few years now. The past 6 months were really clear, but I've just recently started breaking out again. My Derm prescribed me Dynacin, Finacea, and Differin to use at various different times. It helped get me clear, and then I stopped using all of it. I continued washing my face 2 times everyday. Now, I've started taking Dynacin again, but still don't use the Finacea or Differin (I think my skin has grown an immunity to those products). Instead, I use an Olay Moisturizer. It makes my skin feel really nice, but doesn't do much on the side of acne.

So here are a couple of pictures, one of my left side, and one of my right. Do you think I should go to my Dermatologist and ask to go on Accutane? And if so, how long did it take you guys who are on Accutane to get clear once you started using it?

Thanks!

left.jpg

right.jpg

I think you may have a hard time finding a Dr to prescribe you accutane. Your acne looks very mild. I know with my Dr you have to have it quite bad before they'll consider it. Either way I hope it clears up for you soon!

I think you may have a hard time finding a Dr to prescribe you accutane. Your acne looks very mild. I know with my Dr you have to have it quite bad before they'll consider it. Either way I hope it clears up for you soon!

i guess a doctor might prescribe it if you make a convincing argument, but from that photo it doesnt seem the acne is that bad to prescribe anything. They may put you on different antibiotics first.

Personally I would not take the risks with your skin. Well, I probably would IF allavenues had been exhausted and nothing had worked. No one wants to live with acne, no matter how mild.

i'm certain you could find a dermatologist that would prescribe you accutane. you need to exhaust all the other avenues first (antibiotics, topicals, etc), but if none of those worked, a derm would put you on accutane because your acne would be classified as recalcitrant. after a round of accutane, you would probably have gorgeous skin b/c you're not all that severe to begin with. thank god you don't have cysts!

I wouldn't think so. You're acne seems moderate type lesions in the mildest form. Maybe try the DKR?