Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today I made my first trip to the dermatologist and they recommended me two options and since I had acne for several years that has given me scars I had decided to go with Accutane which I have never used before and seeing the process just to prescribe the pills scares me. I was wondering what people have experienced from using it? Is it worth the risk and does it really eliminate acne for life?

it's good stuff, i'd go for it. the side effects aren't all that bad, if you take care of them with moisturizer, etc.. just don't get pregnant. they'll do blood tests to see if your tryglicerides go too high or anything.

Today I made my first trip to the dermatologist and they recommended me two options and since I had acne for several years that has given me scars I had decided to go with Accutane which I have never used before and seeing the process just to prescribe the pills scares me. I was wondering what people have experienced from using it? Is it worth the risk and does it really eliminate acne for life?

Id say its worth it. Im starting my 4th month now and I get a zit here and there but nothing at all like it was. The thing is is I had very bad scarring to begin with so the scars are still on my face and the redness is here also but at least the bumps are mostly gone. I might do the whole laser thing but im not sure.

^ it varies, my IB wasn't bad and didn't last long, but for some people it's hell.

If your life is good and you can go on with how you look atm then don't go for accutane, imo the potential side effects aren't worth it.

im aware of the side effects but i was wondering if anybody here had gotten them and was it serious? my acne is in between mild and severe but i had acne for 5 years and this to me seems like the only option left that could clear my skin for more then just a couple of weeks. im just skeptical because i browse through the forum and read how wonderful accutane and some just regretting they ever took this pill.

im aware of the side effects but i was wondering if anybody here had gotten them and was it serious? my acne is in between mild and severe but i had acne for 5 years and this to me seems like the only option left that could clear my skin for more then just a couple of weeks. im just skeptical because i browse through the forum and read how wonderful accutane and some just regretting they ever took this pill.