Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

CoverGirl TruBlend

OK, I want something with a bit more coverage to conceal my large pores.

This stuff has a pretty short ingredient list and appears okay, but I want some real life opinions.

Any of yall use this?

OK, I want something with a bit more coverage to conceal my large pores.

This stuff has a pretty short ingredient list and appears okay, but I want some real life opinions.

Any of yall use this?

The foundation or the pressed powder? I haven't tried the foundation yet, but I love the pressed powder, it's by far the best pressed powder product I've ever tried. One of my friends had it and I was really surprised how nice it looked when I borrowed it, and then I read Paula's glowing review so I just had to go out and get it myself.

I was referring to the liquid foundation, but thanks for the details on the pressed powder. I'll look at it next time I'm at Walmart.

I have the pressed powder too...fo touch ups on the go. Bought it after I read Paula's reviews too and I do like it, tho9ugh I'm noit too sure about the spnge applicator thing...

I like the tru blend powder foundation, as well. Yes, you will need to get a different sponge for it. They usually sell a big bag of those at walmart and they work fine, for me. I've tried the liquid version and I didn't like it. It was gritty and dry on my combo skin, but it might work for someone who is oilier.

Well, I wore this yesterday and it got pretty shiny mid-day. Probably not a good choice for very oily skin like mine. It also sort of settled into my large pores a bit, not attractive.

So, back to Almay Smart Shade for me. It's the only foundation that doesn't get all shiny or look fake on me. I was just hoping for a bit more coverage. I'd rather have less coverage and look normal than wear thick, shiny, cake looking makeup. Oh well.

Have you tried Revlon Colorstay, Brandy?

no, I haven't. I've tried long-wearing foundations in the past and honestly, they seem to break me out and dry to a mask-like feeling.

no, I haven't. I've tried long-wearing foundations in the past and honestly, they seem to break me out and dry to a mask-like feeling.

I used Cover Girl TruBlend a few weeks ago, however I don't think it's for me. I think it's good for people with normal skin without much to cover. I have combination skin with red/pink acne marks on my cheeks. The coverage this foundation offers is too sheer for me. Moreover, I suspect that it made me breakout (but this may not be true for everyone). The good thing about it is that it's easy to apply and blend. It has a powdery consistency, but the finish is not matte, more like satin. Right now I'm using the Almay Line Smoothing Makeup because the benzoyl peroxide I'm using and the winter weather have made my skin super-dry. I like the Almay because it gives medium,buildable coverage, and it lasts on my skin throughout the day without fading. I haven't had any breakouts from it (been using it for about a week). Hope this helps :D

I use cg Trublend liquid. Trust me, it took some getting used to. The feeling is kind of silky gooey when it first goes on. Also, make sure you don't have any dry spots. But the color matches very well and doesn't accentuate pores. You will need a concealor for "those days" but the cover is very natural looking. It takes getting used to, but until I find something better (I have a very hard-to-match skintone) I will keep using it.

I have never tried any pressed powders before but if my skin improves I may...I feel as if I have tried almost every single liquid foundation there is though, from Neutrogena, Almay, L'oreal, etc. FINALLY I found one I really love in my shade and that works well enough. Only problem is that its Dior Pureskin, (oil-free) which is a little pricey for me so I have to be careful with it and not go over board...

I'm giving this another try simply because I hate to just let it sit and go to waste.

I applied it with my fingertips this time instead of a cosmetic sponge like I did last time.

It actually looks quite nice right now. I put it on a little thinner than last time. I'll see how it wears throughout the day.

It's what I use. My red marks show through, but it doesn't make my skin worse, and I have very sensitive skin. ^^

I use the powder trublend foundation on days I need light coverage and colorstay is too much. I apply with a wedge cosetic sponge. It works soo much better than the sponge you get with it.

I just tried a sample of this today... yum! It filled in scars but the coverage wasn't as good as Colorstay, so I probably won't switch.

remind me again which colorstay version you like, please.

If I was you Brandy I would just stick to the Almay foundation for a while...I had it and it worked pretty well for me, but since it's winter even the lightest shade is now too dark for me, so I switch to my Dior one... Maybe you should look for a concealer to match the foundation to help with coverage...I think I FINALLY found a concealer that matches this foundation/my skin tone and still covers my red marks...only problem is that its from Lancome...I am gonna go broke pretty soon buying all this expensive make-up...

(Hope the concealer doesn't break me out though...)Good luck

If I was you Brandy I would just stick to the Almay foundation for a while...I had it and it worker pretty well for me, but since it's winter even the lightest shade is now too dark for me so I switch to my Dior one... Maybe you should look for a concealer to match the foundation to help with coverage...I think I FINALLY found a concealer that matches this foundation/my skin tone and still covers my red marks...only problem is that its from Lancome...I am gonna go broke pretty soon buying all this expensive make-up...

(Hope the concealer doesn't break me out though...)Good luck

You're probably right, I should just quit trying out other things. I've spent so much money this week on foundations and powders. :doubt: