Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luearmy

Fuck it im popping my pimples from now on...

I havent popped for 2 years, the lifecycle of a pimple usually last for a week. Now just to see what happens i popped a few pimples and put disinfectant on them afterwards, and in 2 days they are gone and healing much faster than the ones i leave...

Everyone always says not to do that but I find that if I don't, these bastards hang around for EVER!

Guest j3ff86

I've been spot treating small pimples with BHA for a couple months now, seems to loosen up them up so when they're ready to be popped the root of the whitehead comes out gently.

Everyone always says not to do that but I find that if I don't, these bastards hang around for EVER!

unfortunately, if you pop them, they usually grow little friends everywhere, and then, even worse, they leave scars. I know from experience. I know its embarrassing and uncomfortable now, but dont do it. You'll thank yourself later when you have clear and smooth skin

you can generally get away with poipping if you do it with a new safety pin each time and use clean tissue paper to blot it. but occasionally it scars and ur left with it for life. if you can do it let it be there for a week or two or three, better than a scar for life. easier said then done. i took accutane so i dont have to make that choice anymore.

the thing is to do it at the right time.. trying to pop a non poppable pimple is bad.. but some r can be popped with any scaring or blemishing

i say never squeeze a pimple,

but if you can stab it with an ultra sharp pin or needle and do it well then you can make a hole and gently drain it.

This is a highly masterful skill to develop and there are many lesions that are better left alone.

If you see any sort of whitehead then you can stab it and drain it, but if its a pretty deep cyst then just ride it out.

i pop my pimples sometimes..and i have no scarring that i can see. it leaves red marks but they fade eventually. for me, i would rather have a red mark than a gross whitehead. my mom said she use to pop her pimples..and she has no scarring. it just depends on your skin i guess and if the pimple is ready to come out.

i pop it if its a whitehead, and ive never had a little problem. it just makes a little scab and in three days its gone or its a small pink mark that goes away soon.

Guest Mankind

I always believed that if you pop it you would be left with a mark/scar but I never picked and still have some marks.

I think if you pop and disinfect properly it should be ok because whiteheads are more on the surface than cysts/nodules aren't they?

It really depends on your body's reaction, but for me, if I pop a whitehead etc, ill regret it a couple of weeks later, when i still have a big red mark there, if I leave it and don't touch it, i get a red mark, but much much less prevalent. I think just leave it the way it is, just like they say you shouldn't pop blisters or anything. Let your body do its natural job.

Wooottt 250th Post! :D

from my experience, blackheads have to be taken out. they create pressure in the pore and they get bigger over time, so if you pop and disinfect they will dissappear. any white head i pop and i hardly get scares, i do get scabs, but they fade away in like 2-3 days. if it doesnt have a head or is under a layer of skin, dont pop.

I cracked last night and (using my extractor, of course) popped out 3 huge whiteheads. It was awesome. ;D LOL.

The best part? Last night my skin was red because they were stuck in there and the skin was swollen. Today, the bumps are gone, and so is the redness! :D

The key to popping (or extracting) is doing it at the right time. :)

Guest Mankind
All my pimples scar whether I pop them or not :( Im so ugly now.

If its an exceptionally painful pustule then it is possible for you to get scars from them. I know that some of my pustule popping has resulted in scars, but then I also know that other pustules that I have left alone have scarred anyway. I haven't got any scarring from spots for about 4 years now and I have popped endless amounts in that time.

I always pop/disnfect if there is a head....I can't stand having a white pus thing on my skin. Where I run into trouble is when I feel like something is *almost* coming to a head on a cyst and squeeze at it to try to force it out. I know it's bad, but I can't help myself sometimes. I just want it to be gone so bad. I have tried squeezing out blackhead and all that does is leave a large hole where the plug used to be....