Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gamble

Sleeping Sideways on your Pillow

Hello, I have mild acne around my cheeks and mouth but around my cheek/chin line and neck area there is moderate acne. I have found this site a few months ago and have been using an OTC regimen to help the acne. I sleep on my side when I go to bed and I awake at times with my pillowsheet soaked in oil. I change my pillow sheet every night after reading up on this site but it hasn't reduced the acne near my neck. I was wondering how other people that sleep on their side handle this problem because the fact that oil from my hair rubbing on my face all night might be one problem for my acne.

Thank you

You could try sleeping on the very edge of your pillow so that it still supports your head but doesn't actually touch your face. Or, if you don't care how you look, you could just wear a shower cap to bed.

You could try sleeping on the very edge of your pillow so that it still supports your head but doesn't actually touch your face. Or, if you don't care how you look, you could just wear a shower cap to bed.

i put a clean but old t shirt that i never use, then change it when i want, since t goes in the laundry anyway

Shower cap sounds like a good idea but probably something i will never do. The sound and feeling of it while im relaxing to go to sleep doesn't seem possible for me. I do use old T shirts when I used up all my pillow cases but still no luck. Should I shower before and after I sleep?

Thanks for the replies

Shower cap sounds like a good idea but probably something i will never do. The sound and feeling of it while im relaxing to go to sleep doesn't seem possible for me. I do use old T shirts when I used up all my pillow cases but still no luck. Should I shower before and after I sleep?

Thanks for the replies

Yeah, washing the oil off your hair before going to sleep is a pretty sure way to cut down on pillow oil, as well.