Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Narco220

Oxy on the spot TO BE DISCONTINUED

Any other ukers using this product?

As its down TO BE DISCONTINUED what other bp product do u recommend to be purchased from the uk?

Discontinued from where?

Superdrug and Morrisons are still selling it, I know Boots and Tesco are not.

FYI Quniderm is a minimum of 5% BP.

Neutrogena do an acne line in the UK but they dont have any BP based products. Strange.

Oxy on the spot is the only 2.5% BP available OTC in the UK, I believe you can get another product called Panoxyl from behind the pharmacy in Boots but I believe it causes problems such as brown marks on your skin, I don't know much about it but I've read some bad things.

Yeah I've read that Panoxyl causes excessive drying, redness, skin discolouration etc.

This will actually mean we don't have a decent 2.5% BP in the UK which just sucks.

Though I'm still not sure on the source of the post, can you please let us know where you read this.

Dont use Panoxyl, horrible stuff. If OTP isnt availible I think you are going to have to import Dans, or Benz-oil which ive been using for the past 3 weeks and has been very good so far.

Ok folks think i got it wrong just info i had from a ebay seller.

Is it true you can only get it in 20g though? if so might be cheaper to order dans gel

I used Oxy 5 since I was a teenager until they discontinued it, I was fuming. So they had better not discontinue oxy on the spot as I tried Oxy 10 once many years ago and it did nothing whatsoever for me, bizarre.

I went to superdrug this week and bought two tubes of on the spot because I couldn't get it from Boots and was worried.

BTW, I have only ever seen it in one size, a smallish tube.

Hmmmm, there may be some truth to it being lined up to be discontinued. Because for me it's proving harder and harder to get. Which could just be stock already in, and no more coming. Several places near me have stopped doing it.

2.5% Oxy On The Spot is the best BP formulation I've tried. It's consistency and the way it absorbs and leaves nothing is perfect. Oxy10 is too much for my face and leaves a coating above the skin, all be it invisible. Oxy10 being too much for my skin and my skin is very used to bp. Panoxyl is absolute crap. Panoxyl 5 burns 10 times more than Oxy10!

Just got some Quinoderm 10 today, gonna try that. And I'm yet to try Dans (would have no doubt tried it sooner if I was in the US).

I used oxy 2.5% for over 5 months. it cleared my face. Then I kept using it but it made my skin very red and unhealthy. So i stopped, things seemed great but after 5 weeks my acne came back so I ordered Dan's Gel and i've been using that for about a week, my acne has cleared and it seems less harsh than OXY's 2.5%. :dance:

Aarrgghhh! I hope not- Ive JUST started the regimen and am using this. I got mine in Morrisons last week......looks like I'll have to raid their stock! :confused:

The 2.5 % Oxy is the exact same as 2.5% Spectro AcneCare in Canada. I'm not sure if you can order that in the UK though....

I personally use the 4% Solugel. I find that it absorbs better and doesn't leave a whitish film on your skin. It also doesn't seem to be as harsh - the company says the BP is 'solubilized' with dimethyl isosorbide. Hope this helps.

Where would I find panoxyl in 2.5%? I love the stuff because it's aqueous based, however, I can only find 10% bp around here......I've used the 2.5% bp Neutrogena on the Spot but that stuff left me beet red wherever I put it (isn't it alcohol based)?

Any other ukers using this product?

As its down TO BE DISCONTINUED what other bp product do u recommend to be purchased from the uk?