Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

Destin is NOT the same as Sudocrem

Hi guys,

I need to point this out, just because both are used as a Zinc Oxide based diper rash treatment it doesn't make them the same.

From what I can see Sudocrem has had amazing results for red marks and spots and destin very little.

Imagine today you discover this amazing product called Neutrogena moisturiser that's used to give your skin extra moisture but it's not available in your country and so you go to the shops and find Clearasil Moisture boost that also claims to give your skin extra moisture, I'm sure you're aware that it doesn't make it the same, it's for the same purpose but it is NOT The same product and probably not even similar.

Destin and Sudocrem both contain Zinc Oxide, that's about the only similarity I think.

If you've tried destin and it didn't work, it doesn't mean sudocrem wont, if Destin broke you out it doesn't mean sudocrem will.

If you tried a moisturiser and it broke you out, would you say 'moisturiser doesn't work'? You see my point ;)

What ingredient does Sudocrem contain that makes it so good at healing red marks compared to other zinc oxide creams? Or is it an ingredient it doesn't have that other creams do have?

I disagree. The active ingredient is the same is all diaper rash creams. The only difference are the inactive ingredients which may give some people problems based on their own skin.

Sudocrem doesn't have any other ingredients that make it special. It's just the zinc oxide. Possibly, another brand could have something irritating but that is the same with any product.

If Destin broke you out, then try A+D, aveeno, balmex, generic, bourdeau butt paste etc etc. All ZInc oxide with very similar ingredients list before you try sudocrem. Of course, this is aimed at US residents who have to shell out ridiculous shipping expenses. Sudocrem would cost most people $20+ when most other zinc oxide creams are less than $5.

Ariventa, you've just said you disagree yet everything in your post supports my point, strange.

Tell me, what part of my post did you disagree with exactly?

You agree in your post that Zinc oxide is the main active ingredient in both creams but that doesn't make them the same.

AHA is the main ingredient in many moisturisers, does that make all those moisturisers the same? of course not.

My whole post was to point out that although both creams contain Zinc oxide and are used to treat diper rash it doesn't make them the same and you seem to agree yet disagree.

The makeup of the cream inc none active ingredients is VERY VERY VERY important, it's not just the active ingredient that makes a product 'great' or not.

Aha's come in different strengths, kinds, ph's forms etc.

You said sudocrem provides amazing results while Destin has very little results. The POSTIVE effects will be the same as long as Zinc oxide is the main ingredient. The healing/barier effect will be the same. Sudocrem is the same thing as Destin except for some slightly different inactive ingredients. I would like it to a hamburger (ha). Destin is a plain hamburger. Sudocrem is a hamburger with a little bit of ketchup on it. They're the same thing. They provide the same calories, nutrition save for a bit of ketchup. The kethcup doesn't make a difference because it is so insigniicant.

WHY are these non-active ingredients important? WHat do they provide? As far as I know they are merely preservatives and some small amount of emmolients.

The difference will not be SIGNIFICANT. AT best, imo, the difference will be INsignificant. If Destin totally does not work, I highly highly doubt sudodrem would yield difference results.

The none active ingredients are important for the same reasons why some 2% AHA products cause terrible irritation and others calm the skin.

Active ingredients are not the only importance here.

I don't know what it is that's stopping me from breaking out, whether it's the zinc oxide, the anticeptic or whether it's a combination of the ingredients.

Destin could contain x number of ingredients that irritate skin, block pores etc, just because it contains Zinc Oxide doesn't make it the same.

Sun block contains Zinc oxide, I somehow doubt it will have the same effect, many sunblocks containing Zinc oxide break me out, some don't, it;s the entire ingredient list that's important.

Oh and just to comment on your analogy, I'd say this was more like, if Destin were a hamburger with Ketchup then Sudocrem would be a hotdog with ketchup, ketchup being the Zinc Oxide.

Oh and just to comment on your analogy, I'd say this was more like, if Destin were a hamburger with Ketchup then Sudocrem would be a hotdog with ketchup, ketchup being the Zinc Oxide.

I agree that a US alternative would be ideal.

My post was to point out that it's not the same product, many are trying it thinking that if destin didn't work then neither will sudocrem, from the user accounts here sudocrem just seems so much more successful for reasons unknown.

i didnt read all the posts. but i agree with mav. ive used both and i like sudocrem way better. damn near every cream has mineral oil, and mineral oil makes me breakout no matter what. i suggest to people to get an oil free one. the only one i found in the us is triple paste at walgreens. but i dont no if itll do as good a job as sudocrem.

i didnt read all the posts. but i agree with mav. ive used both and i like sudocrem way better. damn near every cream has mineral oil, and mineral oil makes me breakout no matter what. i suggest to people to get an oil free one. the only one i found in the us is triple paste at walgreens. but i dont no if itll do as good a job as sudocrem.

From what I know, mineral oil is good for the skin despite it's bad rep.

However as we well know things that are great for some peoples skin can cause havoc for others.

I agree that a US alternative would be ideal.

My post was to point out that it's not the same product, many are trying it thinking that if destin didn't work then neither will sudocrem, from the user accounts here sudocrem just seems so much more successful for reasons unknown.

How do you know mineral oil breaks you out? Mineral oil and petrolatum are totally non comedogenic and non irritating. If it was just one ingredient in a moisturizer of something, I doubt you would be able to isolate mineral oil. Mysteriously, mineral gets a bad rap even though it is great for skin.

Ariventa you're right. U.S. people don't get ripped off on the shipping prices, there are other products that do the exact same thing.