Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest T-Virus

Popular people

Guest T-Virus

How are you meant to know when they're actually being nice to you and when they're just screwing with your head? :think:

Guest Grow To Overthrow

You just don't care, that way it doesn't matter.

Yes... It's hard to understand "popular" people... It's like they are a different species...

Hmm... They are mostly cold-hearted jerks.... Malicious…

Good luck deciphering their language. Don't get yourself hurt.

Guest Grow To Overthrow
i can tell false people to genuine easy.i often watch how the act around other people compared to me.

Does it really matter if they're being nice or not? Talk to them like they're you're friend, treat them like you would any other respectable person, don't place the above yourself they are just another person they are no more special than you. If they continue to be nice great, if it turns out they weren't as genuine as you thought no big deal now you know.

I used to have that problem, T-Virus. In grade school and middle school I was SOOOOOOO unpopular that one of the forms of teasing that took place were the "popular" kids pretending to befriend me and then at some critical moment, (usually in front of alot of people in order to maximize the humilation) turning around and being utterly, completely, and horrificlly cruel. I used to get "asked out" by the popular boys, only to have them go "EEWWWW!" when I (naivelly) was thrilled.

I remember that, and I remember it hurt. It hurt so badly. In the end, I just stopped talking to them, even if they talked to me.

But the truth of the matter is I might have missed out on a really good friendship or two that way - after all, people do grow, change. And not everyone is a jackass. In High School, it came about that several of my tormentors when I was younger felt very bad about how they treated me, apologized, and I even was able to become friends with a few of them.

Erpatter's advice is the stuff of wisdom and that is what I would do if I could back and redo that time of my life.

I wasn't popular by any means but I sort of feel bad for popular people. They have to keep up this front all the time and I'm sure it's a lot of pressure.

Then later in life they still act like the jerks they did in high school.

I went to my 10 yr high school reunion and all the *popular kids* were still assholes. I sort of pity them really.

Just be yourself T ..if they like you so be it..if not it shouldn't matter. I'm sure you're popular with someone.

I pretty popular in high school since i was a jock, and I wasn't mean to anyone. I didn't win a "friendliest person" award or anything but I wouldn't make fun of people I wasn't friends with. not all popular people are assholes, but some definitely can be especially in front of a lot of other people. i think it is true that most people that make fun of people that don't know (i'm not talking about joking around with friends/siblings) are just insecure with themselves

Here is some persepctive: those people are only "popular" among their own group & anyone they dupe into thinking they are "better".

I did not like many of the so-called "popular" people at my high school because I recognized they were jerks & were no better than me. I was left completely alone by them & anyone who did talk to me were the genuine people. The truly popular people are ones that everyone likes because they are sincerely friendly & likable by most (not because they project some image of superiority). That's real popularity.

I was a "jock" in high school, had a lot of friends. My good friends were considered the "popular people" but I got along good with everyone as long as they weren't jerks to me first. In my school it was always the girls creating the drama between "popular" and "not popular" people. In my experiences guys have always got along well no matter what group you hung out in. Just don't be a jerk to them and they won't be a jerk to you.

I was a "jock" in high school, had a lot of friends. My good friends were considered the "popular people" but I got along good with everyone as long as they weren't jerks to me first. In my school it was always the girls creating the drama between "popular" and "not popular" people. In my experiences guys have always got along well no matter what group you hung out in. Just don't be a jerk to them and they won't be a jerk to you.

Guest T-Virus

I'm not horribly unpopular or anything like that :P

I'm just not a part of that particular popular group. And I don't want to be either. Quite a few of my friends are actually quite popular around a lot of people so I get to know people through my friends.

The popular group is maily comprised of beatiful bimbos and hot jocks :rolleyes:

Sometimes I'll just see one of those girls around and they'll say hi to me. I often wonder if they start laughing when I walk away or if they really mean it :think:

I used to have that problem, T-Virus. In grade school and middle school I was SOOOOOOO unpopular that one of the forms of teasing that took place were the "popular" kids pretending to befriend me and then at some critical moment, (usually in front of alot of people in order to maximize the humilation) turning around and being utterly, completely, and horrificlly cruel. I used to get "asked out" by the popular boys, only to have them go "EEWWWW!" when I (naivelly) was thrilled.

I remember that, and I remember it hurt. It hurt so badly. In the end, I just stopped talking to them, even if they talked to me.

But the truth of the matter is I might have missed out on a really good friendship or two that way - after all, people do grow, change. And not everyone is a jackass. In High School, it came about that several of my tormentors when I was younger felt very bad about how they treated me, apologized, and I even was able to become friends with a few of them.

Erpatter's advice is the stuff of wisdom and that is what I would do if I could back and redo that time of my life.

Maybe it was just my school but the popular people were everyone’s friends, they were the kids that were always nice, friendly and went out of their was to help you. In my understanding if someone wants to be an arse then why would they bother to speak to you in the first place when silence can hurt just as much? As it’s been said, unless they show themselves to be not genuine then don’t worry about it, treat them the way you’d want to be treated.

Does it really matter if they're being nice or not? Talk to them like they're you're friend, treat them like you would any other respectable person, don't place the above yourself they are just another person they are no more special than you. If they continue to be nice great, if it turns out they weren't as genuine as you thought no big deal now you know.

How are you meant to know when they're actually being nice to you and when they're just screwing with your head? :think:

As far as I've experienced, all popular people = bitches