Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gerik

Any ATHLETES on DKR here?

Ok, guys, so what's up with that putting enormous amount of BP and then sweat in the gym??? well, let me tell you, I don't know if my face gonna suck this BP in in the future, but when I sweat my face is all white,all I can do is just pat it dry with a towel... How you guys deal with sweating, does your face gets use to BP and less whiteness comes out?? HELP !!!

I heard Dan's BP is more absorbing, therefore,less whiteness comes out on surface. T/F ?

Umm, im not currently in a sport, so I don't have to wake up at 6 a.m. and pump iron and run, but i do have first hour p.e. which sux ass cause you just get out of the shower and feel clean, just to ruin the feeling after 20 minutes. I haven't had any problems yet w/ that, but i would suggest Wearing a sweat absorbing headband, which would look normal if you play baskeball anyhow. Also i would make sure that the BP is being fully absorbed. You may want to take an extra minute or two than normal to make sure you rubbed it in all the way.

wearing sweatbands while working out is perfectly normal, regardless of what sport you're doing.

i'm in baseball and i workout and stuff, and the BP is not in issue. granted, i've been on the regimen for about 2 years, but your skin can't become immune to benzoyl peroxide so i don't think that makes much of a difference.

when I really sweat, like hardcore, I simply pat my face dry with a paper towel. it doesn't have to be soft necessarily, you just have to be gentle when you go about it.

my face get's white like yours, but that's only in intense workouts, and the BP gel has never been a problem. the only time i really did have a problem with the gel is when i first started out. it was summer, i was doing summer baseball, and I got the gel in the mail at noon and i decided to try it out right then and there. well, i had a game later that afternoon, and i didn't really know how much gel to use..yeah, dan said to use 1/3rd of your finger or whatever it is, but like all new things, you are bound to mess up. so anyways, i put on way too much gel, my face wasn't used to it, and i ended up feeling miserable that day. it was hot, I was sweaty, the gel stung, people were noticing, and i was younger at the time so that bothered me, and the whole experience just sucked. later that night i went online, looked at what i did wrong. obviously, it was the fact that i used too much BP gel, so take that into consideration on the days you work out and you're about to apply the gel. other than that advice, all i can say is to pat your face dry when you're really sweaty and your face kinda feels funny. basically, just don't worry too much about it.

im guessing ur using on-the-spot(ots). dans bp is a gel so its not white at all. u really cant rub ots in well enough without it balling up, at least that was my problem. that was one of the top reasons i got dans bp. i workout and am in general just a sweaty person. also u might wanna try to workout around one of the times u do the regimen, so that u can wash up and do the regimen without having to do a third wash.

i run cross country/track in college so i have practice everyday at 330. I usually do CSR at like 9 then shower after practice and just moisturize or add a very very small amount of BP if i have any breakouts. Been on the reg since june 2006 and still going strong...

i play squash, football (im from UK, so i play soccer), and i do the high jump and 800 meters in college.

but since i use differin it kind of defeats the question, but i run and i sweat but i just carry a small hand towel where ever i go (where im running, playing ect)

I am a college basketball player and I lift weights and practice usually in the middle of the day. I try to do the regimen as close to a workout time as possible, but a lot of times, it is just not possible. So, I do the regimen in the morning and then after a practice or a workout I patt my face with a towel... If I am super sweaty, like after a game, I rinse my face with cold water and then pat dry. If it is going to be a long time before I do the regimen that night I might put a little BP on active marks. But just like you, I am not sure what the best way is to go about this, so I am all ears to any other advice...

I am a college basketball player and I lift weights and practice usually in the middle of the day. I try to do the regimen as close to a workout time as possible, but a lot of times, it is just not possible. So, I do the regimen in the morning and then after a practice or a workout I patt my face with a towel... If I am super sweaty, like after a game, I rinse my face with cold water and then pat dry. If it is going to be a long time before I do the regimen that night I might put a little BP on active marks. But just like you, I am not sure what the best way is to go about this, so I am all ears to any other advice...

Guest ilovepancakes

in season, i normally lift weights before school, then run track practices after school. usually id apply bp in the morning, then at night i would apply a ton, in case to much rubbed off in the morning. ive also tried just using mosturizer in the morning, then applying a ton of bp at night. whatever works for you though. you kind of have to experiment with it.