Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erox

Preparing a shopping list

I'm taking a multi vit at the moment but I heard from some people that there are other supplements that are helpful to be using. If any of these helpful would you let me know how much I should be taking each day? I'm taking fifteen mg of zinc and thirty I.U. of vit E each day. I apologize for not trying to get the information myself through other topics but I thought it would just be better to summerize it here instead. In addition are Iodine and Biotin actually that bad to have in multi vit?

Vit E

Zinc

Vit A

Omega 3/Omega 6

Flax Seed

Primose

Remember to take these with a meal.

30mg Zinc

400iu Vitamin E

Not sure about dosage for the others. Selenium is also supposed to be helpful.

Note that loading up on supplements is no substitute for a healthy diet containing all the proper vitamins.

I only take zinc, b-complex 50, and alpha lipoic acid.

Omega 6 shouldn't be on the list, unless you're avoiding all typical sources of fat....in which case you should consider dietary changes and not supplemental because omega 6 is everywhere in extreme abundance.

Omega 6 shouldn't be on the list, unless you're avoiding all typical sources of fat....in which case you should consider dietary changes and not supplemental because omega 6 is everywhere in extreme abundance.

There were some problems when I went to try some of these supplements. For zinc the only one I could find was 50 mg and I'm already taking 15 mg from the multi vit I'm using. Would 65 mg of zinc each day be a dangerous amount?

Is there a mercury or other metal danger in taking Fish oil or Flaxseed oil? Which has more of an effect on the skin?

Do Primose or Borage oils have a positive effect on the skin?