Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gcleanth

All natural treatments

Hey guys,

In the years that I've had acne I've tried all the chemical and medical treatments and some worked and some didn't but I think they were all doing damage to my body's balance and imune system.

After 10 years of acne I can honestly say that I wouldn't recommend any non-natural treatment.

I have found a natural treatment for the symptoms that works better than any chemical cream I've tried in all those years. And I have also found a few articles that might help for those who want to try eliminating acne naturally. Everyone I have recommended to use this has shown almost instant results so it is worth having a read.

The treatment I found is called Himalayan Crystal Salt. Have a read of this article for a few details as to why it works so well. You can try looking for other sites that mention Himalayan Crystal Salt as an acne treatment but I've looked and there aren't many at all because it's still not very well known as a treatment for acne symptoms. Go to about half way through the article for the info on the crystal salt.

http://www.myacnereview.com/2007/01/14/tre...-acne-symptoms/

The next is an article on getting started with a raw vegetable cleansing diet. This is the part that will show instant results so at the very least you should try it.

http://www.myacnereview.com/2007/02/05/the...to-curing-acne/

I have also included a link to an article that explains the effects of pH balance on acne. This is the core cause for acne and it will help to understand why the above diet works so effectively.

http://www.myacnereview.com/2006/10/29/wha...nd-the-science/

Let me know how you's go or if you have any questions. I have had alot of experience with acne and acne treatments so fire away.

Hi I just read through most of your site. Could you explain the relationship between pH and acne? I understand that the typical western diet is overly acidic but how exactly does pH translate into acne?

This stuff sounds good. Looks like I will be trying the 3-day-veggie fast when my school break arrives. Wouldn't be hard either. And I have most of the stuff, including the 'green' drinks and all the rest. Will just need to do some veggie shopping for the detox particularly. I doubt the effects would be immediate, probably soon after the detox, if you maintain a healthy diet.

The crystal salts sound good. I just posted about how my mom stopped my grandmother's infection on her leg in 2 days (and the 2 inch gaping wound (8 inches wide, 2 inches deep) closed shut and healed on the third day). The doctors had sent her home and said she'd lose the leg cuz they couldnt stop the infection with antibiotics. My mom just packed the wound full of salt (and water) for two days. The infection immediately left and the wound healed.

Anyway, if you dont want to buy that particular brand of salt, you can buy sea salt which is full of minerals (or Celtic Sea Salt in particular) and use that every day. Heat the salt in water for 30 seconds so that you know the water has absorbed the salt. Then put the water on your face and let it dry (you'll have a whitish residue of salt on your face). Any infections should be greatly reduced by the next day.

Hi anony12,

Here's a timeline of how you get acne from pH imbalance.

1. Acid and toxins build up in the body as a result of a pH imbalance due to poor nutrition and dietary intake (i.e. your body cannot neutralise the amount of acidity that has been imputted)

2. The body retaliates by eliminating the excess acid and toxins throughout the body, including through the skin primarily though sweat and oil

3. The skin becomes over-acidic itself, promoting the growth of bacteria

4. Steps 2 and 3 lead to the clogging of hair follicles in the skin

5. The oil and toxins your body is trying to eliminate build up within the follicle ultimately causing inflammation (common acne blemishes)

6. The bacteria and inflammation lead to infection (painful acne blemishes)

Hope that helps a bit. Bare in mind though that this is the side effect of pH imbalance only for some people. Other people may experience different problems. Diseases like cancer, arthritis, acidosis (obviously), obesity (yes weight gain is a common result) and even just general infections can all be caused by an overly acidic body. A disease is generally what happens when your body is forced to attack itself because a part of it is unhealthy, and the main cause for that unhealthiness can most often be traced back to a build up of acid.

Hey danzel54, the results will be much faster than you think. In the first 24 hours, your painful pimples will stop being painful because the infection will go away. In the 2 days after that the pimples will almost completely fade away and because you have not put anything acidic into your body no new ones will have formed.

You will see how effective it is when you try it your self. Just be disciplined with your food for those 3 days. A single chocolate or peace of meat will make you have to start again.

Yeh no problem. There are a few so you may want to shop around for prices or styles but I used these sites and bought in bulk to save money:

http://www.ancientwisdom.biz/forms/hsalt/ - The product there is called "Himalayan Salt Crystal Deodorant Bar with Marble Base"

http://www.himalayansalt.com/deodorant-salt.php#order

If you want individual bars, try this site. It's as good as any other.

http://terranaturals.com/himalayan-crystal...50-g-p-294.html

Guest Mankind

The crystal salts sound very promising. My skin is always great when I have been on holiday at the beach. It may be the strong sun but I think it has more to do with the salt in the sea water.

These Himalayan Crystal Salts sound like a more concentrated source of all the nutrients and minerals that sea salt can provide.

The vegetable fast does sound quite easy to do and even if it does not 'cure' someone's acne I am sure that it will have other health benefits aside from skin condition.

Hey danzel54, the results will be much faster than you think. In the first 24 hours, your painful pimples will stop being painful because the infection will go away. In the 2 days after that the pimples will almost completely fade away and because you have not put anything acidic into your body no new ones will have formed.

You will see how effective it is when you try it your self. Just be disciplined with your food for those 3 days. A single chocolate or peace of meat will make you have to start again.

danzel54..

if you want to juice your veges that's absolutely fine. It's actually often better to juice your veges because the body more readily absorbs fluids than solids. If you're like me though and have a high metabolism you will probably need to have a lot or you will still need to eat some of them to keep your hunger satisfied.

Any veges are fine because most have an alkalizing effect but the greener the vege the more alkalizing it is. Dark greens are best. It has something to do with the chlorophyl and vitamin K. But then reading 'The pH Miracle', tomatoes are great too so I think it's fairly flexible.. but I always keep at least half of them green just for the chlorophyl and vitamin K (like cucumbers and avocadoes).

Hi searchingforthesolution..

When I need to use the salt bar I use it 2-3 times per day. In the morning after I wash my face or have a shower I just wet the bar, scrub into my skin, and allow to dry. I scrub any part that is prone to pimples and also scrub more on the affected areas. I do the same at night. And I usually carry a bar with me to work to use throughout the day as I feel like it.

You don't have to scrub too hard. Just make sure you wet bar enough and allow it to dry and be absorbed into the skin. You may need to wet it several times to cover all the areas and because it's salt water it usually only takes a minute or 2 to be absorbed.

Hmmm, wouldn't it be ok to eat fruits as well on this diet? Since they are also alkalizing?

I'll be opening up a special thread for this fast when the time comes.

Fruits will not do any harm. But the high sugar content in fruits that is not in vegetables slows down the cleansing process. And not all fruits are alkalising. Like i know that plums are acid-forming. Aside from that, if you were to choose which was more alkalizing, a green vegetable or a fruit, the answer would definitely be the vegetable.

But in most cases you are right, it is ok to eat fruits too on this diet.

In doing some more research I have found out a little more about fruits and other "weak acid foods" like oranges and tomatoes etc..

These foods have a high content of acid, hence their taste. However, the acids in these foods are weak so for people whose bodies can metabolize them properly (by oxidising them), they are transformed into alkaline elements, contributing to alkalization of the body. But for people whose metabolisms cannot handle acids properly, the large content of acids in these foods remain acidic having not been oxidized, thus bearing an acidifying effect on the body. For example, it would seem that citrus fruits would have an acidifying effect on the body, but the citric acid they contain actually has an alkalizing effect in the system for those whose bodies can metabolise it properly.

You will only find out your own metabolic capacity by testing yourself before and after you have eaten acid foods or if you have been previously told by a medical professional. Remember to wait at least 1-2 hours before the test to allow the foods to have their effect on your body.

Until then you should be conscious of your intake.

Yeah i've read that acids from fruits are converted to alkali in the body. How exactly would I know if my body can properly metabolise the acid into alkali? Is there a certain test or something.

'cause if I can't (for some reason) metabolise fruit acids into alkali, then I must have one acidic body, because I love my fruit and eat quite a lot every day.

Yeah i've read that acids from fruits are converted to alkali in the body. How exactly would I know if my body can properly metabolise the acid into alkali? Is there a certain test or something.

'cause if I can't (for some reason) metabolise fruit acids into alkali, then I must have one acidic body, because I love my fruit and eat quite a lot every day.

The ones I use are the Alkalive pH Stix. You get 80 strips for less than $10. You can get them from Amazon or from Phion Nutrition's home page (which I can't remember). If you get them from the Phion site buy in bulk. A 3-pack should last close to a year (because you won't use them every day for that long).

Hey danzel54, I would be interested to know how you went with your diet. Did you find it easy? Was it effective?

Or anyone else that tried it, let me know.

The ones I use are the Alkalive pH Stix. You get 80 strips for less than $10. You can get them from Amazon or from Phion Nutrition's home page (which I can't remember). If you get them from the Phion site buy in bulk. A 3-pack should last close to a year (because you won't use them every day for that long).