Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LeslieTM

Today went to see the doctor

He looked at my skin and since the mino didnt work, he said im qualified for accutane. I got my blood work and pregnancy test today which sucked because I didnt plan on going in today to get accutane. Next week I have an appointment to see another doctor/nurse to talk to her about it and shes going to be watching me I think he said. Something about ipulse or something like that Im not 100% sure cause I couldnt really understand him.

Im scared to be taking accutane but Im hoping its gonna work. Im just scared of the IB, dryness and side effects. I dont know if its because I have PMS right now or what but im very emotional ever since he told me im gonna take accutane. :doubt: Ive been really sad and crying and didnt even go to my classes today gahhh. I think its because I didnt think my acne was so bad that I had to get accutane. But my acne has ruined my life to the point where I dont wanna go out in the day or sometimes wont even go out if I have even 1 nasty zit.

I just feel bad because its gonna be a hassel with my parents about getting me to the doctors and having them watch me and all that. This was my last resort but I guess now is the time.

I have a question, does anyone know if accutane will help with my scarring?

He looked at my skin and since the mino didnt work, he said im qualified for accutane. I got my blood work and pregnancy test today which sucked because I didnt plan on going in today to get accutane. Next week I have an appointment to see another doctor/nurse to talk to her about it and shes going to be watching me I think he said. Something about ipulse or something like that Im not 100% sure cause I couldnt really understand him.

Im scared to be taking accutane but Im hoping its gonna work. Im just scared of the IB, dryness and side effects. I dont know if its because I have PMS right now or what but im very emotional ever since he told me im gonna take accutane. :doubt: Ive been really sad and crying and didnt even go to my classes today gahhh

I just feel bad because its gonna be a hassel with my parents about getting me to the doctors and having them watch me and all that. This was my last resort but I guess now is the time.

i personally do not believe that accutane helps with scarring but have heard a variety of stories about accutane's effects on scars. Some say that accutane has filled or lessened the appearance of indented scars. Others say it sped up the healing of marks and discoloration scars (that would go away with time anyway). Some think that accutane actually causes scars because it makes you have an IB and thins out your skin so it makes you more prone to scars. Some say that accutane dramatically slows the discoloration and marking fading process.

Its a mixed bag. And "scars" is such an ambiguous word.

Im still not 100% sure. I keep on crying just thinking about taking accutane....I dont know why. I know its my choice but if this is going to help me for good then I should take it now. My dad was telling me I dont need it and acne will go away by itself but Ive had acne for 6 years now and nothing has worked. What really is freaking me out other than the IB is the mental problems.

Im still not 100% sure. I keep on crying just thinking about taking accutane....I dont know why. I know its my choice but if this is going to help me for good then I should take it now. My dad was telling me I dont need it and acne will go away by itself but Ive had acne for 6 years now and nothing has worked. What really is freaking me out other than the IB is the mental problems.

Well I still got about a month until Im gonna start. Im just gonna have to be ready for whats gonna happen to me. I want clear skin and hopefully this will work.

I told my family that im going to be taking accutane and told them about some of the side effects. They arent to happy about me taking accutane because it seems very serious and kind of a hassel to go through just for acne. They were just a little worried about the depression part since I did suffer from it a few years ago. My dad thinks that I shouldnt take it and I will grow out of it. Its weird because if thats true, I should have grown out of it already. Also I told a few of my close friends that im taking it so they can watch me and notice any of the serious side effects. I was thinking though, could it be all in my head? I told them what accutane is and what it does and all that, and they told me that my acne isnt bad and its getting better. But other than that they are being very supportive and told me they will watch out for me so that made me feel really good. My best friend told me that 6 months will go by fast and not to worry about the little things like dry skin and the IB because its gonna be worth it. My other friend told me just to take vitamin E pills, moisturize and just keep with it. Im still nervous about starting next month but hopefully this will work for me and help me.

It's definitely your decision and your derm shouldn't be pressuring you. Sometimes we're scared of some things we don't know. I was offered Accutane a year ago and I was pretty scared (and more so because of the blood tests, I hate needles), but I've done a lot of researching and I feel very confident it will work for me and I'll hopefully never have to deal with anything that makes me unconfident again.

It's definitely your decision and your derm shouldn't be pressuring you. Sometimes we're scared of some things we don't know. I was offered Accutane a year ago and I was pretty scared (and more so because of the blood tests, I hate needles), but I've done a lot of researching and I feel very confident it will work for me and I'll hopefully never have to deal with anything that makes me unconfident again.

My derm isnt pressuring me at all. He thought it was best that I take accutane. My parents really dont want me taking it because of the birth control and they think the accutane is to serious for my age right now. So im not so sure now because if they dont want me taking it then I shouldnt take it. But they dont understand that acne has ruined my life and accutane may be the answer since nothing else has worked for me. But also accutane is a serious drug

I think you should go for it. Sure there are negative aspects to taking accutante but there are also positive sides like...having no acne!! Or if it does come back, it would be less severe which isnt too bad. I just started taking accutane 2 weeks ago and my skin has gotten less oily to a point where I just have to wash my face twice a day as oppose to 5 times a day because my face was dripping in oil. So give it a try and see how it goes. The weather is nice in cali so you need to get out more! [i also say that to myself everyday!]. Good luck and wish u the best!