Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This will be the first V-day since I was 16 that I've ever been single, and I'm not completely sure how I will take it :confused: I guess it wont bother me, I think the fact there is someone I do love and I cant be with her wont make things easy.

Guest Mankind
I hate Valentines Day!

If your single it depresses you because it reminds you that you're alone,

If your dating someone but not actually official it just puts pressure on both of you to wonder what to do, should i get him/her something, are we a couple, are we not crap,

If your in a relationship it makes you feel like you HAVE to do something romantic or buy a present because you cant not its Valentines Day :rolleyes:

seriously who wins from this?? apart from the flowers, chocolates and cards companies :rolleyes:

Hah, the one time I forgot to get my girlfriend at the time a present she didn't speak to me for a week. Valentines Day is indeed extremely commercial and a bit of a nuisance really.

I hate Valentines Day!

If your single it depresses you because it reminds you that you're alone,

If your dating someone but not actually official it just puts pressure on both of you to wonder what to do, should i get him/her something, are we a couple, are we not crap,

If your in a relationship it makes you feel like you HAVE to do something romantic or buy a present because you cant not its Valentines Day :rolleyes:

seriously who wins from this?? apart from the flowers, chocolates and cards companies :rolleyes:

Hah, the one time I forgot to get my girlfriend at the time a present she didn't speak to me for a week. Valentines Day is indeed extremely commercial and a bit of a nuisance really.

just curious, but how exactly do you "forget" valentine's day? it's all over the television, the internet, the radio, your friends were probably talking about it, if you're in highschool your school is probably doing something about it, and lastly, it's on the calendar.

Valentine's day is lame. Don't let the marketing department of pink fuzzy heart paraphernilia get to you. They push the crap so hard then on Feb 15 everything's discounted 90% off and they start hawking Easter. :hand:

I never really paid too much attention to it the years I was single, but this year I'm using it as my window to show someone how I feel. Perfect timing. :D

that introduces a whole world of awkwardness if she doesn't feel the same way.

why couldn't you just hint at your feelings in a more casual setting and see if she responds positively?

not to kill your thunder, but most of the time when people build up such situations it just ends in disaster

Valentine's day is lame. Don't let the marketing department of pink fuzzy heart paraphernilia get to you. They push the crap so hard then on Feb 15 everything's discounted 90% off and they start hawking Easter. :hand:

I never really paid too much attention to it the years I was single, but this year I'm using it as my window to show someone how I feel. Perfect timing. :D

that introduces a whole world of awkwardness if she doesn't feel the same way.

why couldn't you just hint at your feelings in a more casual setting and see if she responds positively?

not to kill your thunder, but most of the time when people build up such situations it just ends in disaster

I basically already have.

You'll see mexican. :D

I have a random thought concerning V-Day:

If you love your "better half" (;)) everyday and show it at least most of the days of the year, I don't really see the point in carving out a specific date to do just that.

End random thought.

I don't have a b/f or anything, but my single friends and I are exchanging gifts. I may not have a significant other, but at least I still have friends that I care about and who care about me. :angel: So I am actually looking forward to vday this year.

Is it just me or is this stupid? My mom gets mad if I dont buy her a valentines day gift. Shes my mother. Valentines Day is a sappy couples holiday not daughter loves mother day. I love her everyday. Why should V Day be any different?

Is it just me or is this stupid? My mom gets mad if I dont buy her a valentines day gift. Shes my mother. Valentines Day is a sappy couples holiday not daughter loves mother day. I love her everyday. Why should V Day be any different?

Thanks! That makes me feel better. Now I dont feel like an idiot :lol:

Oh between I am not gonna buy her a V Day gift because I think V Day is the stupidest holiday. I hope she doesnt get all pathetic and start guilt tripping me.

i think its an over rated holiday designed to make men spend money. Sure, I get presents but nothing like what girls get.

eh. speaking of.. the gf is getting flowers, candy and a teddy bear.

I was actually not dreading it this year (not looking forward to it, per se, but not dreading it either) because I felt like I was actually in a relationship that was good for me and that might be going somewhere. Then last week he confessed to me that he lives with someone...and has been cheating on her with me....without my knowledge........

Worst. Valentine's Day. Ever.

i know its a made up holdiday whatever whatsver butttt I Loveeee it even if i dont have a mannn i still love it. I mean i have one but if i didnt i would still buy myself those cute bears at rite aid lol :)

God, I wanted to look pretty tomorrow for valentines day but i have a big red pimple/red mark on my NOSE!! SMACK DAB in the middle!! =[

I HATE IT , most thing i hate even more than acne , is this day ! what is the point of it...it reminds you that you dont have someone if you dont , or make you wish you have someone seeing all those other couples exchanging gifts enjoying this "special holiday"..i seriously find it not fair at all for us lonely people.., what kind of holiday is this , i thought holidays are for everyone :cry:

Sorry...just felt like ranting about it , not feeling so good.

Don't worry, soon you will find someone if your personality shines through =).. People with extreme irregular face / w.e (on discovery channel n TLC), have kids! So you should be able to find someone.. I tell my bf I'm ugly but he says I'm not and he doesn't care (=

I don't hate it, I don't love it. it's just another day. why should it be any different that i am alone on this particular day.

because it seems like everyone else has someone to be with...

Haha, we're going to get a snow day here tomorrow for sure. Because it's supposed to snow up to 36 inches or MORE by tomorrow afternoon, starting tonight at midnight.

So no school on Valentine's Day. :dance: YAYYYYY!

I was actually not dreading it this year (not looking forward to it, per se, but not dreading it either) because I felt like I was actually in a relationship that was good for me and that might be going somewhere. Then last week he confessed to me that he lives with someone...and has been cheating on her with me....without my knowledge........

Worst. Valentine's Day. Ever.