Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orionmantra

I'm sorry to say this... but Dan Kern's Regimen sucks

I used the regimen for 3 years!!! 3 YEARS

what do you get? RED RED and more RED and a FAKE clear skin

yes... FAKE... don't fool yourselves... you get:

weak, unhealthy and crappy skin that is just visually appealing

you waste 1 complete hour everyday using this regimen. You are a lab rat and you sell your soul to BP.

I actually think it is VERY VERY IRRESPONSIBLE to promote this regimen to people or any other regimen asking you for a wierd/odd change in your life... It isn't worth it.

it is not a cure... and it won't make you look great or anything. why?

because you don't have a life with this regimen. you are a slave :confused: you are not free.

you can't go anywhere without your BP, creams and shit. what would you do without this? you rot in hell and acne comes out even worse than before if you miss or skip this regimen.

what would you do if they threw you out in the woods? or in a desert? or if you had to go to war? or you became poor without your internet and shit?

there is no BP in the woods nor in the desert or etc.

LIVE YOUR LIFE AND ACCEPT IT

our shitty ways of eating, modern cleansing, modern USA ways of living and city activities make us have acne.

the way they raised you and fed you. your parents also made you have acne with their irresponsible ways of feeding and caring for you and their evolved shitty genes that pass on to you...

WE made acne. so deal with it.

everytime you shit in your toilet, eat a chocloate bar and watch crap on tv... eveytime you do that you are saying "give me ACNE" "I love acne"

ACNE reflects how wrong and crappy we have become in a collective human way.

---------------------------------

if you want to cure acne... cure yourself the real way.

all this chemical crap on your face won't do that. It will only hide it and give you a false sense of happiness.

go outside, drink water, eat healthy, do some nice workout, play music, paint, watch a nice movie, write a book, study harder, find love, be happy, get spiritual and get smarter.

be a better human being. ignore acne and acne won't haunt you

don't be a slave for modern human lifestyle.

--------------------------------------------

I respect you Dan, I really do. But this regimen is crap and you know it. Maybe it worked for your lifestyle but it won't work for most people.

peace :dance:

I don't consider myself a slave to the regimen. I'm the boss of my face and what I put on it, it works for me, not the other way around. My skin also looks great, not red at all, not fake in any way! You're entitled to your opinion, of course, as I am to mine, and mine is that the regimen has been the best thing I've ever done for my appearance and self-image. I don't think any of us would have great-looking skin if we were sent to the desert or to war or whatever, that's a pretty silly argument to make against BP IMO.

I don't consider myself a slave to the regimen. I'm the boss of my face and what I put on it, it works for me, not the other way around. My skin also looks great, not red at all, not fake in any way! You're entitled to your opinion, of course, as I am to mine, and mine is that the regimen has been the best thing I've ever done for my appearance and self-image. I don't think any of us would have great-looking skin if we were sent to the desert or to war or whatever, that's a pretty silly argument to make against BP IMO.

Well, my scenario was this:

- hated my skin

- self conscious about my spots

- really upset every morning

- took me forever to cover up my skin with makeup

- seriously not happy at all with my skin

SO bp was the best solution for me, and it's improved my skin loads, it's nearly clear, I admit I'm not 100% careful with my skin, so I do still get a couple now and then. But it's amazingly better than the previous scenario. I'm well happy with my skin now, no problems at all.

You seem not to care much about having clear skin, so bp obviously isn't for you. try another regimen maybe, but don't slag off dan's regimen because it's working PERFECTLY fine for me.

Well, my scenario was this:

- hated my skin

- self conscious about my spots

- really upset every morning

- took me forever to cover up my skin with makeup

- seriously not happy at all with my skin

SO bp was the best solution for me, and it's improved my skin loads, it's nearly clear, I admit I'm not 100% careful with my skin, so I do still get a couple now and then. But it's amazingly better than the previous scenario. I'm well happy with my skin now, no problems at all.

You seem not to care much about having clear skin, so bp obviously isn't for you. try another regimen maybe, but don't slag off dan's regimen because it's working PERFECTLY fine for me.

I wonder if you even tried the regimen or whether you're just spamming this forum with crap.

Your whole post is writen wrong.

You should have said 'It didn't work for ME

MY Skin is weak and unhealthy.

And as you've been doing it for three years and didn't realise sooner I'd have to question your sanity.

As for being clear from water alone, thats YOU not everybody, because something didn't work for you, that doesn't mean it hasn't for others, your post is a total waste of space.

Anyway I'm not going to waste anymore time replying.

Your post has really aggravated me, you sound as though Dan has forced this upon people, it's an option, it works for some and not for others.

You see most people have this thing called common sense, look it up, this will enable them to stop after a few months if it's not working, to realise this after 3 years and then come ranting is just ridiculous.

wow, there are some strong words being tossed around this topic.

one thing you're right on with orionmantra, you have to do what's best for you. i agree with you, bp was not the solution for me. i'm sensitive to it and refused to deal with the red/itchy/flakey face anymore, but it works for people, and if it works for that individual, he or she should continue doing it.

cool as kim deal said it best when she said she was the boss of her own face. we all are, and we do need to find what works for us. bp isn't a solution for everyone. with uncertainty of long term ramifications (and now a ban from the eu,) i decided on a different route.

i would make one suggestion. please don't say this regimen is crap. if you want, make other suggestions for people so they have alternatives if that's what they're seeking. be constructive. we're all struggling here, and for a lot of people, this is the answer they've been looking for, and this isn't helping.

Good post Lexy, it certainly doesn't work for everybody.

Just a tip for those experiencing prolonged and excessive redness, try alternate BP creams to the one you've been using, I found one brand in particular made my face red raw while others caused no redness at all, it must have been the preservatives or something else in the cream other than the BP.

I could probably link you to studies that relate Carrots to cancer, water to cancer etc but it doesn't make them true, this is the internet and it's full of crap.

I use BP, It's the best product I've ever used, I used BP long before I found this website.

I doubt very much I'm going to develop skin cancer as a result.

Everybody has a choice, you use it or you don't.

you don't get it...

BP works. but in a WRONG way.

that's all

I used the regimen for 3 years because it clears you up. I never said it didn't. You should try reading again.

even Accutane works but at a cost. BP is no different. You get clear skin.

Dan's regimen is not even original or new. It is no secret that BP does this and that, and to apply moisturizer and pat dry, less irritation blah blah.

you should tell Dan what you are telling ME.

don't get offended by my post. I;m not offended by yours

I respect you Dan, I really do. But this regimen is crap and you know it. Maybe it worked for your lifestyle but it won't work for most people.

BP has been linked to cancer for a number of years and many research journal entries state "benzoyl peroxide is a free radical-generating skin tumor promoting agent."

You really shouldn't have posted this because do you realize how incredibly wrong you are in just about everything you've said. Maybe your parents fed you fast food all your life and totalled screwed up your immune system but as for me .. my siblings and I ate very healthy and yes like most children we had dessert after dinner or during our lunch at school but if you honestly think that eating a chocolate bar or a ring ding is going to give you acne your nuts! There is no scientific proof linking food and acne .. and my professor even said it last week while talking about our Integumentary System .. Food and Acne are not linked ... maybe some ppl breakout after having dairy bc there bodies ahve been sensitive to it over the years or they are having an allergic reaction or maybe they have become lactose intolerant the possibilities and factors involved are endless.

Secondly, for most ppl on this site which are mostly teenagers this is a temporary and easy fix and once they reach 20 there acne will be mostly gone. Unfortunately for some there acne seems to never go away and some ppl don't like taking pills or a pill like Accutane that does have possible serious side effects and too them the risks out way the pros. Sooo Dan's Regimen seems like the perfect and simplest regimens to keep their acne in check 1) wash with a very mild "soap" 2) Apply BP 3) Moisturize .. how freaking hard is that? 2.5% BP will not ruin your skin just as long as your moisturize bc yes it can be drying but it is nothing compared to 10% BP omg that stuff ruined my skin for months it was wayy too strong.

Thirdly, just because you had a bad reaction to BP does not mean everyone will or does. Umm Dan's been on the regimen for how many years and I think if his skin was how you claim skin will look afrter only 3 years he would have def. said something. I suggest you change your everything to "this was my experience..." and go on not bash him bc it didnt work for you .. Dan doesn't give false hope and say it will work no matter what .. he understands no one's skin is the same.

benzoyl peroxide was discovered to produce free radicals; which we now know has been directly linked to cancer.

Thats a fact. Not a theory. It's kind of irresponsible for Dan not to put a warning and to encourage the use of extremely large amounts of something that COULD lead to cancer. There's really no concrete evidence either way which is why BP hasn't been banned.........yet.

Another BP related to Cancer link

BP has been linked to cancer for a number of years and many research journal entries state "benzoyl peroxide is a free radical-generating skin tumor promoting agent."
I doubt you'll find studies linking carrots to cancer. But humor me.

I deleted that third message. Benzoyl Peroxide at 10% or lower, although may cause free radicals, is not a high enough percentage to cause any long term effects or premature aging.

Still though i was surprised by this and have never seen a warning on a benzoyl Peroxide product........

Additionally the FDA charged manufacturers with the responsibility of providing this information to consumers so they could make educated decisions. Many manufacturers and product marketers have not provided this information so consumers can be advised of the potential dangers.

I know what your saying orion and even the mods have to agree that this regimen does come at a cost,be it redness,dry skin,time,money etc.The regimen is not perfect,but its the best weve got until something else comes along.Ive been hearing great things about hydrogen peroxide as an acne treatment you should give it a try orion.