Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Goodbye, goodbye, forever, pubic hair, vomit, and toliet scrubbing. At least I sincerely hope. All that fretting and fuss about getting a resume out there finally paid off - I have a comfy office job in a collections agency now. Housekeeping, I bid you adieu and organizing and running an office - I say Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret!!!!

I just wanted to share the good news and let people out there know that - YES, IT DOES GET BETTER. Just keep applying positive effort for the good (and if you have to curse and kick and throw things for a few minutes like I did this morning while searching for my dressy heels to wear to the interview, that's fine, too!) and things will change.

I love you guys so much - the support you gave me when I last posted about the frustrations of entry level work and fearing I'd never, ever get anything better turned out to be invaluable. Thank you!

lol - it's Latin. It means "I am still learning." Unless I wrote it wrong, which is possible.....hmmmmmmmm...........

Thank you guys so much! Basically I'm fielding calls for a local collection agency - I will be doing some outbound collection calls, but most of my work is going to be playing receptionist. This is NEAT!!!! I may end up hating it, but for now, it sure beats housekeeping.........!

Congratulations..that's fabulous news.

But, where the heck is the other avatar pic? You look great..show it off!

Congrats again. :)

I'm actually taking a pay CUT of a few cents, but I'm guarrenteed 40 hours a week at this new place, wheras I've only been averaging 25 hours or so at the housekeeping job.

The unusual addendum to that is that I will be making those 40 hours at 5 days a week, which is much better than what I've been doing at the housekeeping job (working 6-9 days in a row, get one day off, but work so few hours a day I only get 25 hours).....I will very much miss my coworkers, I've been there for 2 and a half years (I cried today when I had to put in my notice), but they know this is good for me.

I figure even if it's not a dream job, it's a step up from housekeeping. Whatever comes next can and will be, I have faith, a step above this. It's just I'm so glad it FINALLY happened.

a big congrats elsewhere. i always thought you were too smart for housekeeping! way to go! and yes put t your photo back in your avatar. all the best.

woo that's awesome! anything beats cleaning bleh pubes gag lol

good luck sure you'll do great :dance:

thats so awesome Elsewhere! congratulations! I had been keeping your job in my prayers, and it did turn out for the better! good luck! :dance:

Thank you!!! I'm uber stuffed, we went out to dinner to celebrate. Man, I've needed a good thing so bad the last couple of months. I woke up this morning and while I was outside smoking my first ciggerrate, I said "God" (I talk to God in the mornings, wether or not he's up there, it helps me organize my thoughts for the day) "God, just give me a good thing. Just one. Please." I reminded myself that no matter how tired I was I needed to make positive effort for the good.......damn, it's been a good day.

And being able to share that here, that's even better. Thank you seem so small, but I do mean it very much to all of you.