Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rachey

Best make-up for acne??

Hi there

In your opinion, which foundation and concealer is best for acne skin?

I know a lot of people on here recommend mineral make-up but it's just really powder isn't it?? It doesn't have very good coverage does it?? I cannot imagine that MM is going to cover my problem for a minute, yet I still want to wear a foundation/concealer that's NOT going to agravate my skin anymore than it already is... Which foundation and concealer would you recommend apart from mineral make-up for acne skin that DOES have a good coverage?

Rach

Mineral make up does cover , i was skeptical about it at first but then i found out it covers very well just like liquid make up , best part of it..it doesnt look or feel like a mask , it sinks in the skin and looks very natural.

I would recommend trying AubreyNicole , you can order samples for 4 dollars to find your right shade or you can order a sample kit with finishing powders and concealer for 6 dollars , you can check it www.aubreynicole.com

There is other brands that others will tell you about , i think meow has great coverage as well but havent tried it..so cant tell

You can also give Lumiere a chance and its very cheap , order a sample kit for 3 dollars with shipping , you get to choose foundations , finishing powder , eyeshadows and blush/bronzer , also their products are so cheap..a concealer cream to powder form full size is like 3.50 , www.lumierecosmetics.com

From drug stores i would recommend almay clearing blemishes line , didnt break me out and covered very well.

Hi there

I know a lot of people on here recommend mineral make-up but it's just really powder isn't it?? It doesn't have very good coverage does it?? I cannot imagine that MM is going to cover my problem for a minute, yet I still want to wear a foundation/concealer that's NOT going to agravate my skin anymore than it already is... Which foundation and concealer would you recommend apart from mineral make-up for acne skin that DOES have a good coverage?

Rach

Mineral makeup hasn't worked for me, so far. It's all so dry and chalky. Even Lumiere, which is supposed to be moisturizing, is too dry and chalky looking. I really don't know what else to try.

Mineral makeup hasn't worked for me, so far. It's all so dry and chalky. Even Lumiere, which is supposed to be moisturizing, is too dry and chalky looking. I really don't know what else to try.

Hi and thanks for your replies.

I'm just about to start using Clinique stay-true foundation along with their line smoothing concealer. Both are oil free. I'm not convinced that they are going to be the right colour for me yet tho (I am pale and find it hard to get the right shade, these are the nearest tho, I have a pink undertone I think) and I am seriously concidering the MM. I live in the UK and have just found out about Lily Lolo MM which looks good and I like the fact you can get samples for about 50p... Are there any other UK MM sites you know of??

All the best

Rach

I'm just about to start using Clinique stay-true foundation along with their line smoothing concealer. Both are oil free. I'm not convinced that they are going to be the right colour for me yet tho (I am pale and find it hard to get the right shade, these are the nearest tho, I have a pink undertone I think) and I am seriously concidering the MM. I live in the UK and have just found out about Lily Lolo MM which looks good and I like the fact you can get samples for about 50p... Are there any other UK MM sites you know of??

All the best

Rach

Physician's Formula Mineral Make-up works great. It helps cover up and doesnt break me out. Also its easy to wash off which is great when you get home late and your tired.

Physician's Formula Mineral Make-up works great. It helps cover up and doesnt break me out. Also its easy to wash off which is great when you get home late and your tired.

Hi there

Rach

With acne go for a makeup that is all natural and oil free. Most people around here like mineral makeup best but it doesn't work for everyone. As long as you are looking you should probably at least try it and see if it works for you or not. You will probably be surprised at what it can do, it isn't just powder!! There are a lot of companies you can try for little or no cost so you don't have much to lose.

For free samples try:

Signature Minerals -my favorite =)

Everyday Minerals

Ocean Mist

There is a thread with a whole list of mmu companies (its craaaazeeee) around here somewhere but I cant find it! I'll see if I can locate it and post a link here.

Sorry I can't recommend a non-mineral makeup because I haven't used any for so long. Maybe/hopefully someone here can do that!!

Hi

Does anyone know of CRUSH MINERAL MAKEUP????

I got some samples and tried them out but thought that they were utterly useless at covering any amount of red marks left from acne. It has put me off mineral makeup unless someone can convince me otherwise that another make would work better. Do all you guys that wear MM not have very many blemishes then?

Have never heard of CRUSH. You should try mineral makeup that 1. contains Kaolin Clay - good for absorbing oil and gives good coverage and 2. a company that offers both soft and full coverage. I have rosacea and my makeup fully covers any red areas that I have. I use Aubrey Nicole (www.aubreynicole.com). They offer sample kits that are inexpensive and you get a good amount that will last you for probably several days to weeks. They come in jars, not baggies. There are others with Kaolin Clay and full coverage as well. I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites. Good luck finding your favorite. Don't give up on mineral makeup, it really is so much nicer (and better for your skin) than any other makeup out there.

All the best

Rach

Lily Lolo mineral foundation in blondie seems to be perfect for me and so pleased it covers all my imperfections! Thanks Suedehead for your LL recommendation.

Hi

Does anyone know of CRUSH MINERAL MAKEUP????

I got some samples and tried them out but thought that they were utterly useless at covering any amount of red marks left from acne. It has put me off mineral makeup unless someone can convince me otherwise that another make would work better. Do all you guys that wear MM not have very many blemishes then?