Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rachey

Clinque Stay-True foundation + line smoothing concealer

Hi there

I'm about to start wearing Clinque Stay-True foundation as I bought the superfit but the colour was not right for me and they only one that's near enough to my skin shade in the clinique range, is in the stay-true. It's oil free so I'm glad about that it also claims to blend to a smooth matte finish and won't clog pores. The other product I have bought is the line smoothing concealer in light 02 as that is the nearest shade to my colour in a concealer. I need the concealer for really precise coverage of spots and blemishes on top of the foundation.

Have you used this foundation and concealer, and if so can you give me your opinion on them please??

Rach

I used something else , not so sure what it was but from clinique..oil free and all , but broke me out with big pimples..and before i tried the clarifying make up or something like that , also broke me out...I dont think its acne prone skin make up or safe to use.

Hi there

I'm about to start wearing Clinque Stay-True foundation as I bought the superfit but the colour was not right for me and they only one that's near enough to my skin shade in the clinique range, is in the stay-true. It's oil free so I'm glad about that it also claims to blend to a smooth matte finish and won't clog pores. The other product I have bought is the line smoothing concealer in light 02 as that is the nearest shade to my colour in a concealer. I need the concealer for really precise coverage of spots and blemishes on top of the foundation.

Have you used this foundation and concealer, and if so can you give me your opinion on them please??

Rach

I disagree with the above poster, I have had no issues with Clinique. I think it is different for everyone.

Stay True is my favorite foundation. It truely is oil free and has the shortest list of ingredients of pretty much any foundation ( less chance of irritation). It is the only foundation that doesn't clog my pores. I have used this since I was 14, and I try other brands like Lancome, Neutrogena, Cover Girl, Clarins, Almay, other Clinique Foundations, etc and I always come back to this formula.

I have found it covers and blends well and does not break me out, as long as I take it off at night of course! The line smoothing concealer should be ok, I am not sure of the ingredients though. Post the ingredients if you can.

Superfit is yuck, the colors are orangey and I think it has oil in it, even though they claim it doesn't...

Stay true also has an oil absorbing ingredient in it..which is nice. I just wish it had an spf.

Thankyou so much for your replies. I've just been back to the shop for the 3rd time today to get the stay-true foundation in 'stay beige 03' it seems to be the one that matches my skin tone the best, but even then I'm not sure. My skin is pale and i find it very difficult to find a foundation that matches exactly to my colouring. It's like searching for the holy grail!!... I will be trying it out tomorrow for the first time along with the line smoothing concealer in light 02. They match the best. The concealer is oil free as I got a directory from the girl on the counter and it says so in there even tho it doesn't say it on the box. The quick corrector which I used to use before, is apparently NOT oil free as I was lead to believe. It doesn't say it's oil free in the directory so I assume it isn't.

I agree the superfit colours are too orangey and they always seem to change colour during the day. I think this is known as oxidisation, i.e. the makeup reacts with the air and changes colour. Very annoying. I'm hoping the Stay-True is going to live up to it's name!

All the best

Rach