Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetpea123

Acne every other year...

I get acne...mild to moderate but ones that leave redmarks after and just on my chin... every other year... does that happen to anyone else I have NO idea why this happens it's really weird.... any suggestions?

I have what I call "yo yo" acne, meaning it is up & down, back & forth, between mild to moderate. There have been times when my skin cleared up so much I thought I had outgrown acne finally, only to break out terribly a few months later.

I think it is hormones. They fluctuate & your acne follows. I am doing DKR, which is relatively gentle & great for preventing mild to moderate acne. Benzoyl peroxide is the only thing I have had success with. You might want to go to a derm too, cuz they can do tests to see where your hormones are at.

I have what I call "yo yo" acne, meaning it is up & down, back & forth, between mild to moderate. There have been times when my skin cleared up so much I thought I had outgrown acne finally, only to break out terribly a few months later.

I think it is hormones. They fluctuate & your acne follows. I am doing DKR, which is relatively gentle & great for preventing mild to moderate acne. Benzoyl peroxide is the only thing I have had success with. You might want to go to a derm too, cuz they can do tests to see where your hormones are at.

yeah it sounds like hormones

thanks for answering... thats what I'm thinking it is now... It's always been so on and off and I've been on SOO many medications and I dont know if theyve really helped at all... right now I'm not on anything at all and my skin is completely clear but two weeks ago I was breaking out....I've been on Diane-35 which helped but I went off of it because my doctors were worried about the side effects. I have a derm and he's not that great... he doesn't really listen to me and has never once suggested it was hormonal... I am going to go back on Ortho-tri cyclen lo which I really liked taking... no serious side effects... and I have a prescription of minocin... do you think either one will work?? I am also using retin-A which doesn't seem to be helping... What do most people take for acne thats caused by hormone imbalances?