Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grynch

Back on the Tane Gang

After 10 years, I am considering going back on Accutane. I am a fairly heavy drinker and a little freaked about that. However I am so tired of fighting with my face, gooping on creams and crap that does nothing. My acne is mild to moderate. Do they vary the dose and duration of treatment according to the severity of the acne? What's the minimum time they'll put you on? The lowest dosage?

Thanks!

Base on my derm, it's about 1mg of accutane per kg of your weight. Since I weight 59kg, she prescribed me 60mg and told me it's a 5 months course. I'm hoping this is my last round so I went with brand name this time lol. I've been off Accutane for 4-5 years, and just started again last week.

um.. its more like 100-150 mg of accutane per kg you weight.

and its much more to the 150 side.

the derm will dose it for you. Expect to be on it for at least 5 months.

Terry is talking about the daily dose, you are talking about the cumulative dose.

The daily dose typically varies between 0.5mg/kg/day to 1.0mg/kg/day and can be increased as high as 2.0mg/kg/day with most courses lasting between 4 to 6 months and sometimes longer.

The cumulative dose that statistically provides the best chance of remission is between 125 to 150mg/kg total over the entire course.