Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Can You Guys Please Recommend a Brand of Omega3 Supplements

I dont get enough fish in my diet because I dont really like it. I was wondering of you guys could recommend a brand of omega3 supplements for me. I bought natures bounty flax oil but it made me break out. Do you know of a brand that doesnt cause breakouts but is high in omega3? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OhNoNotAnotherCysticPimple

If you want flax, buy actual flax seed and then grind it or blend it up. Flax seed is much cheaper, more stable and you get calories fiber, protein etc...much better than buying oil which is more expensive and can easily become rancid.

As for fish oil, Carlson's gets high regards. Dunno personally.

Edit: I also wanted to say that Udo's choice flax oil blend broke me out, but flax seeds don't at all. I can eat them all day everyday without any adverse effects.

Sounds like a plan. I will give that a try. Where do they sell Carlsons Omega Three Supplements? I bought some Natures Bounty at Walgreens but it was so expensive and theres only like 60 gel capsules in the bottle =/

Sounds like a plan. I will give that a try. Where do they sell Carlsons Omega Three Supplements? I bought some Natures Bounty at Walgreens but it was so expensive and theres only like 60 gel capsules in the bottle =/

its a brand name. Health from the sun makes a good EFA blend that contains omega3 fatty acids. The blend contains flax oil, fish oil from a couple of species, and borage oil.

You can probably find it at a health food store. I know for sure whole foods sells it and wild oats probably sells it too.

NOW Omega 3. No mercury, etc.

I dont know of any stores near my house that sell that. Can you please list places that sell it

Biotest Flameout.

It costs a little bit more per DHA than stuff like Walmart fish oil, but it is higher quality stuff. The reason I believe that is because I would take 6 walmart fish oil pills to try to get more DHA (about 600-800 mg), and it would irritate my nose to the point of bleeding. I can take 4 of Biotest's pills and get 2200 mg of DHA and my nose is just fine.

It also has CLA because the formula was designed to be an anti-inflammatory. I've seen a big improvement in my skin tone.