Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Derm recently got me off the Duac and now has me using Klaron Lotion during the day. The Duac just seemed to be drying me out even more. As anyone tried Klaron? If so, how did you like it?

HI Benne,

I'm using this lotion now. My derm gave me that and 100mg 2x day Doryx. I'm not sure how I feel about this lotion yet since I only have been using it for almost 2 weeks. I like that it doesn't dry me out and my skin doesn't get red and flaky. The only thing I don't like about it is it smells bad at first. Smells like egg whites! LOL! Good luck. Let me know how it works out for you.

Hi,

I was just prescribed Klaron today. I have not filled the prescription yet. My first real visit to a derm and the are putting me on Spiro, Klaron in addition to the steps I have already taken (Yasmin and Taz). I was told that Taz would not help with the large pores that I have. So use it more to benefit wrinkles;)

I had not heard of Klaron on any of these boards before. So I don't know what to expect. There is a lot of information about Spiro but nothing much on Klaron. I look forward to trying something new! I need to stay on this regime for three months and then go back.

They are talking about using some photo therapy for the dark spots that may have been caused by tetracycline. But that will be months away...and not at all if insurance doesn't cover it.

Hope to read more about others experiences on Klaron!

New Me

I was persrcibed that this past monday, and my derm told me to use it during the day under makeup, but i just CAN"T, it's to drying, and do you know how hard it is to put powder makeup on over dry skin, very ugly mess...

i started using klaron in november... a few months ago. it worked WONDERS on my forehead... i had TONS of tiny bumps and putules all over my forehead, and the klaron cleared them up in about 1 month...STRONGLY RECOMMMEND